Some test/small "mini" suggestion(s) for DPW

It would be cool if there was a decal that looked like trash on the road. Only DPW could remove it by sweeping over it

6 Likes

instead of a decal I think it should be like actual trash but like you can’t move it by running over it

5 Likes

that’ll pretty much be a decal. It’ll be unrealistic to drive through some “large” debris.

4 Likes

This has been brought up before. Sadly, it was striked down by fed. This was a plan fergie had back in 2017; when you got to the landfill, the garbage would “fall out of the back,” even though nothing would actually come out, it would be more of a UI that shows the level of trash shrinking in a way.

Yes, it would be cool, and I would love to see it happen. I’m sure fed will see this, and make his decision from there, if it’s changed whatsoever.

4 Likes

Maybe DPW has wood filler or a welder or grout that they use on bullet hole decals after a shootout to get rid of the hole and they get paid like 5 dollars for each one. Also they could sweep up bullet casings too, or sweep up blood on the spot where a player dies.

4 Likes

support

5 Likes

focus on other departments that are emergency agencies in v2 that need fixes before focusing on secondaries such as DPW/DOT.

6 Likes

Support

5 Likes

Suppoooooooort! also bring back the dpw pickup so we dont need to use the admin tahoe for transporting and maintenance

7 Likes

Support! I love DPW but driving around in the sweeper for hours upon hours sweeping air is quite boring. Making it actually sweep garbage would be a lot better.

3 Likes

Support

4 Likes

Support, or even just a dust cloud

4 Likes

Support

4 Likes

support x2

4 Likes

As a suggestion, we couldpossibly have a F150 with a brush attachment on the front of it. And can change to a plow in the winter. Kind of what ER:LC has with the “packages”.

And also to add to what @GeneralCount said, also what ER:LC has is random trash spawn on the roads and when the sweeper passes over it it disappears. And now that can be paged. But have a limit on how much spawns per hour or daylight cycle. And with our trash stick/broom it can have the same defect on sidewalks.

And maybe a pot hole trailer if y’all are up for the task of a trailer in V3. Just a repair thing as a new role play opportunity since that is what roblox and Firestone is all about.

Any further suggestions from me will be commented later.

4 Likes

I mean, I’ve seen some DPW use the sweeper not for sweeping “air”, I’ve seen some trying to suck up some citizens, however, I don’t support, if you want to sweep trash, go and play ER:LC. SwagGermanFighter’s comment is valid, departments such as SCSO, FSP, SCFD, etc needs stuff fixed before secondaries like DPW and DOT get updates, for example, the SCSO’s vehicle handling is extremely bad, it makes our vehicle stop randomly during pursuits or it will start sliding all over the place slowing you down, SCFD needs their apparatuses fixed too because SCFD has one of the most sensitive handling on their apparatuses and can be flipped easily, unlike real life, you can’t flip a fire apparatus how you can on Stapleton County. The only reason why I don’t support this, is because I want to see more DPW Employees trying to suck up citizens not trash.

3 Likes

This is the reason why v2 rarely gets updated, the developers need to balance departments.

Which is why v3 should be a main priority as everyone gets a clean slate and all departments should hopefully get a top-tier level of functionality.

I completely support this though, as if the argument against dev is always ‘other deps need stuff’ nothing would ever get updated…

3 Likes

Amazing!

The dumpster truck has been updated. For every trash bin you collect, your truck capacity will fill up by 20%. Once you reach 100%, you must go back to the landfill to empty your truck. For every 20%, you earn a bonus check of $50 ($250 for a full truck). This update will be pushed later tonight with a shutdown. Hopefully this will encourage activity and more people to want to join the department.

4 Likes

absolutely amazing!

4 Likes
2 Likes