Some test/small "mini" suggestion(s) for DPW

As of now, the sweeper really doesn’t have a purpose, considering we’re sweeping “air” rather than actual trash/debris on the ground. So, there should be a debris script where X amount of employees must be on before debris can spawn on the parking lots & roads. Since dumpsters are fixed, every employee wants to use the front loader, since it has a physical asset it can dump/move. With the debris script, the variation between sweeper and front loader can increase.

Another “feature” DPW could have is, having a capacity meter for the front loader. This will make the landfill more “useful,” considering employees would have to travel back to the landfill to dump all the trash. [Note: Actual trash doesn’t have to come out]

14 Likes

I support makes if fun because sweepers get boring unless doin a mass rp.

6 Likes

Support, would be nice to get some reason for sweeping

7 Likes

Support, Same reason as cossie and gamer.

5 Likes

Support

5 Likes

And this is obviously directed towards @anon54114525

6 Likes

support

4 Likes

Support, I agree, sweeping the air on RW BLVD for an hour a week got very boring, would be much more fun if it actually had a purpose.

7 Likes

I appreciate everything that the developers do for us in the State of Firestone. I think this would be a great thing to do. I have seen other games like “Fairhaven” have trash spawn and if you touch it with the trash stick. It goes away. That’s sort of how the sweeper could work. It’s a good idea General Count. Definitely something that could be implemented in V3 so why not start with testing it in V2? Hope it works out!

6 Likes

Considering we’ve seen snow plows in the past, this shouldn’t be too hard to implement.

6 Likes

Supporto

5 Likes

I support this! Would be amazing to get to actually make a difference with the sweeper instead of just “roleplaying” it.

5 Likes

It would be cool if there was a decal that looked like trash on the road. Only DPW could remove it by sweeping over it

6 Likes

instead of a decal I think it should be like actual trash but like you can’t move it by running over it

5 Likes

that’ll pretty much be a decal. It’ll be unrealistic to drive through some “large” debris.

4 Likes

This has been brought up before. Sadly, it was striked down by fed. This was a plan fergie had back in 2017; when you got to the landfill, the garbage would “fall out of the back,” even though nothing would actually come out, it would be more of a UI that shows the level of trash shrinking in a way.

Yes, it would be cool, and I would love to see it happen. I’m sure fed will see this, and make his decision from there, if it’s changed whatsoever.

4 Likes

Maybe DPW has wood filler or a welder or grout that they use on bullet hole decals after a shootout to get rid of the hole and they get paid like 5 dollars for each one. Also they could sweep up bullet casings too, or sweep up blood on the spot where a player dies.

4 Likes

support

5 Likes

focus on other departments that are emergency agencies in v2 that need fixes before focusing on secondaries such as DPW/DOT.

6 Likes

Support

5 Likes