So uh... let's discuss DPW

Now if I was to say, “what is DPW’s purpose?” I bet that many people will end up saying nothing, or that they’re just a RP department. So, while driving down US-23 and I-94 in Michigan today I had an idea appear in my head watching several MDoT workers. The thought was; we should COMPLETELY REVAMP DPW, including their name & ranks. I believe that DPW should have a complete purpose. The idea is that DPW should become the Stapleton County Road Commission. Now, the main thought backing this up, is as said, DPW barely serves a purpose in Firestone, other than picking up trash and driving their sweepers around.

So, with the idea stated, let’s get into what they would do. The SCRC (Stapleton County Road Commission) would work alongside FDoT, but instead of FDoT taking care of all roads, they’d take care of the 401 and other smaller highways. And then SCRC would be able to take over construction on County Roads. In my eyes, this seems like a good compromise between both FDoT and DPW.

Now, with both of those out of the way, let’s get to what both parties will have. I believe that the FDoT HQ should be placed somewhere on the highways, where they can have easy access to their jurisdiction. The idea with SCRC would mean vehicles, and I understand that building vehicles is not easy. So, I’m proposing with this, is that SCRC will receive FDoT vehicles with a unique cover and livery. Additionally, SCRC would be able to take over snow plowing on the roads.

Your local idea proposer,
D_iosrder (Ruby2700)

TL;DR: DPW turns into Stapleton County Road Commission so they’ll have work to do.

(Please don’t flame me, I don’t want to start arguments…)
((Probably has terrible grammar too, who cares.))

2 Likes

good job

4 Likes

Basically two DOTs? One county level (which county gov. is about to be gone) and one state level? This seems unnecessary to be honest.

3 Likes

The Department of Public Works has a purpose but the department is inactive rn and has no Secretary until one is nominated. If and when a Secretary is nominated, the department will have a purpose again and be active.

2 Likes

We only work on roads during mass rps, which aren’t THAT often. We mostly drive tows and taxis, and in general those are needed mostly in redwood. SCRC sounds like just doing our mass rps more, and in designated areas. No support.

1 Like

let’s be honest dpw has never had a purpose in v2 other then driving an annoying sweeper around v2

4 Likes

People

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

dpw purpose is to steal our jobs

1 Like

Another DOT? How about no.

1 Like

I agree no other DoT

1 Like

I agree, not another DOT.

Sincerely,
Scott.

1 Like

no point in re-purposing the department without it exceeding in its current duties

1 Like

Dumb idea, plus the fact county government is abolished, can I get a mod to close this?

1 Like

DPW should be completley removed instead as this is not a good idea.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be removed.

1 Like

There is litterally no point in DPW as there is no such thing as trash in v2, meaning that there is no use for DPW. There is no point to take away DOT’s job and give it to DPW, as that is a dumb idea. Just add it to DOT instead.

1 Like

So you’re gonna say DOT is gonna take out the trash? Sounds very unrealistic.

1 Like

When did I say that? I’m implying that DoT take over highway construction and DPW takes county roads. (Also road plowing)

1 Like

Whatever will get the current Secretary of DPW out of office

1 Like