Small Opinion Poll

Although we are only about four weeks through this amazing term, and it may be debatable that a lot of progress has been made. As elected officials, we represent YOU in the Government, and I’d like to gather some standpoints on how we’re doing so far. Your personal vote will not be disclosed, no one will be able to view your vote(s). Please vote honestly, and with your true opinion. This gives us a general view of how we are performing.

Executive Branch

Do you approve of Governor Sharkfish82? ( R )

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Do you approve of Lieutenant Governor Ash1835? ( R )

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Do you approve of the Executive Branch? (its operations, the Cabinet, etc)

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Legislative Branch

Do you approve of Speaker of the House Rinextel? (U)

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Do you approve of the House of Representatives?

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Do you approve of the Senate?

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Judicial Branch

Do you approve of Chief Court Justice DannyboyLaw?

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Do you approve of the Judicial Branch itself? (The Supreme Court, District Court, its operations, etc)

• Yes, I do.
  • No, I don’t.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Miscellaneous

Are you happy with Firestone as it stands?

• Yes, I am.
  • No, I am not.
  • No opinion.

0 voters

Conclusion

These are all the questions we have to ask. As of this time, I do not wish to ask an absurd amount of questions yet because we are not at the end of the term, and still have time for progression. At the end of the term, a similar poll will be hosted to reflect on the results that we will have here. The voting period will be a week from today, which would last until Thursday, October 24th, 2019. Thank you for voting if you did, we truly appreciate the insight. If you have any thoughts, opinions, comments, etc, please feel free to contact either @sharkfish82, @Ash1835 or you may message me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Governor, Sharkfish82

Lieutenant Governor, Ash1835

Representative, NotoriousAmerican

1 Like

its because you make a mistake expelling tact and nobody’s gonna forget that

5 Likes

Yeah, sure. But the house is still performing its duties. I did not vote on tacts expulsion. Further, it’s not like the house has completely went to hell. We’ve still had sessions, still gotten in new reps, still declared for committed.

1 Like

You can never satisfy everyone in Firestone.

3 Likes

Anyone who has concerns with the judicial branch is welcome to DM me (Jefrafra#2222)!

To address some likely questions:

• We are working on a system to streamline expungements.
  • We are working on a program to introduce a larger amount of judges that are more competent
  • We have made and are continuing to make information about the courts more readable to the average citizen.
5 Likes

i haven’t really had that much fun in firestone since v2 alpha tbh

10 Likes

And politically, Firestone has been going down-hill since mid 2017 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

especially with some of the reps/senators who will just complain about criminals being criminals, and wanting to get them sentenced for HOURS in DOC.

1 Like

Wait hold up, you expelled tact and just got his former position, something smells fishy :fish::no_good_man:

1 Like

Shush jail time isn’t always the matter

1 Like

5char

1 Like

I mean, I won’t exactly blame anyone who wants high jail hours sometimes, for LEOs who patrols a lot it’s probably annoying to chase after the same person again and again and again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN or well, it’s hard driving legal in fs without having a reckless driver block you or fling you.

1 Like

Jef already touched on this, but I’d like to expand for anyone interested in information pertaining to the Judicial Branch:

• Expungements can be filed here, as can civil cases, criminal complaints, appeals, and legal questions for the Supreme Court.

• For information pertaining to my personal operations as a district judge, you may view my personal trello here or my personal docket spreadsheet here.

• I personally track all criminal cases which go through the district court. Check out that database here.

• Information about the Department of Justice (which isn’t part of the Judiciary but they work closely with us) and the Bar Exam may be found on the DOJ website here.

• New programs such as the judicial mentorship program are being introduced to produce more competent legal professionals to serve as justices of the district court. The Board of Legal Examiners is also working on a law school to help get more people certified to practice law.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of us. My Discord is princess skye!!#9640, Jef mentioned that his is Jefrafra#2222. We are quite literally legally obligated to answer your questions about court procedure by BOR.X (and we also are happy to answer), so don’t be afraid to drop in to our DMs.

Skye Jones
District Court Justice

3 Likes

thank you skye, im looking forward to these changes

6 Likes

FIRESTONE FIRST!

2 Likes

Rinextel abstained about that.

1 Like

I would like to thank the citizens for the amount of trust they put into the judicial branch, as I and my fellow judicial officers have worked hard to ensure the just administration of law. It’s also a little bit hilarious the judiciary has a higher approval rating than the entire state. We greatly appreciate your public support, and am glad for the understanding that while (unlike the elected officials) we often times come in conflict with the wills and opinions of people in the state, we must do so to uphold the Constitution and law.

As Skye and Jef have said, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to DM me on here or on Discord (Dannyboy#8149).

5 Likes

@DannyboyJurist @Skye_Jones @Jefrafra If you have to wait 60 days to expunge 1 record do I have to wait 45,000 days to expunge my 750 arrest record? :slight_smile: just curious :slightly_smiling_face::cowboy_hat_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Lovely citizens, thank you for your opinions and your votes! You do not know how much this actually helps us truly get insight and an overall general consensus with the statistics you’ve given us. At the end of this poll, these results will directly be given to the Governors, and Congress, and we will work for the rest of the term to ensure that the next poll will bring greater results than what we’ve seen now. Again, I cannot stress enough that you please post on this poll or privately message the aforementioned individuals in the forum if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions to improve the ratings.

Sincerely,
Representative, NotoriousAmerican

1 Like

You do not. The 60-day figure is concurrent, which means if all your records are over 60 days, they can all be expunged.

In your case, however, the state may argue that the “120 day rule” may apply. This essentially says that a person who may be considered a threat to state security could have to wait until the 120 mark surpasses.

1 Like