Skeletron19YT for County Council

Hello fellow residents of Stapleton County,

I would hereby like to announce my candicacy for a seat on the Stapleton County Council. Within this speech I will shortly introduce myself for those who do not know me, list my relevant experience, and discuss my plans should I be elected.

I. Introduction

I likely do not need to introduce myself to a lot of you, however I’ll give a short introduction for those who need it. I have been involved in this community since 2017 and have served in many positions. This includes being heavily involved in the County government and the municipal governments. I have several years of experience in the inferior governments. Some notable positions I have served in include:

• District Attorney of Stapleton County (3 years, 10 months)
  • Sheriff of Stapleton County (1 year, 8 months)
  • County Legislative Review Committee (2 years, 4 months)
  • Mayor of the District of Prominence (1 term)
  • District Council Chairman of the District of Prominence (3 terms)
  • Councilman of the City of Arborfield (2 terms)

I have been involved in the drafting of quite a few pieces of legislation. Most notably, I either personally wrote or was heavily involved in the drafting of all Municipal Charters. I have also written and proposed multiple bills in both Prominence and Arborfield. Moreover, I have reviewed dozens of laws in my capacities as District Attorney and Member of the CLRC.

II. Plans
  • Legislative transparency
    There is a lot of debate behind closed doors in the County and Municipal Councils that can not be seen by the public. On the other hand, Council sessions usually include no to minimal debate. Most things are just handled in private group chats. The public has no real view of the legislative process. I want to disincentivize debate occurring only in private chats, so that the public can actually see why a law is being introduced and what possible points of debate are. To achieve this I want to at the very least introduce a resolution within the County Council that will influence only the County Council and explore the possibility of introducing a law that would also influence the Municipal Councils. I would first discuss this with the municipalities, however, and incentivize them to debate more publicly without any legislative pressure from the County. This should improve the transparency of the Legislative Branch.
  • Legislative fixes
    Currently there are some laws in the County that don’t fully comply with State law. I plan to fix the issues that are present so County and State law line up again.
  • Checks and balances
    The Executive Branches of both the County and the municipalities have a history of taking some controversial decisions. The Legislative Branches don’t really seem to have an idea of what is going on within the Executive Branches, which means they are not able to check on the Executive Branches sufficiently. I plan to discuss this issue with the County Executive to see how communication between the branches can be improved. If needed, I will propose a law that would require the Legislative Branch to be informed of certain decisions and events so proper checks and balances are in place.
III. Conclusion

Stapleton County is doing quite well at the moment, however it could be even better. I hope that my experience in the inferior governments, knowledge of their procedures, laws, and officials, and my plans can help the County excel. I look forward to the possibility of serving on the County Council and serving the citizens of the County.
Should you have any questions for me, feel free to message me directly on Discord.

Thank you for reading my speech and I hope that I can count on your support.

Signed,

signature
Skeletron19YT

1 Like

support

1 Like

Support and Endorsed.

1 Like

Support. Best of luck making the ballot

1 Like

Support endorsed

1 Like