Should the FBI be brought back?

With all do respect, DHS is fine the way it is.

1 Like

expect a nay from me when its my docket

1 Like

Then bringing back FBI won’t make a difference, right?

1 Like

Bringing back FBI can lead to a conflict in the duties of IO. IO has terrorism and gangs, what’s FBI gonna have? You guessed it.

1 Like

Assist DOJ by investigating criminal offenses. As well as investigating corruption.

1 Like

That’s how it always starts out, then they are gonna want more.

1 Like

But they won’t be able to investigate whatever they want because it would be unlawful. And it wouldn’t be recognized.

1 Like

Well FBI is unpredicdtable, it’s never had a stable administration, what guarantees that now?

1 Like

If the Governor can find someone who actually knows the law and what they are doing and if Senate successfully pass the nomination.

1 Like

Still no idea what to expect for the future

1 Like

Could be good, could be bad.

1 Like

NO LET IO DO THE INTEL FBI HAD ITS CHANCES!

1 Like

Been brought up multiple times, my answer remains the same: NO.

While you might like to think otherwise, FBI is useless. I don’t care whether you like it or not, but you have to accept the fact that it’s a waste of space, waste of taking a primary employment slot, and generally not worth bringing back. IO has investigations covered, of which they can easily present to DOJ, so you can’t argue that FBI would be under DOJ so it’d be more efficient.

During the FBI’s previous term, they had linked me this retarded game which was some sort of building with a desk. They then tried to detain me and ask me idiotic questions, and this went on for about 30 minutes (because I had a badge in my inventory). At the end they then threatened to pursue legal action against me, and the Governor shut them the hell down.

If brought back, this only risks brining more harm than good. There is literally no reason for the FBI to be brought back, my reasons are stated above. Congressmen, if this legislation is presented and you aye it, I will not be endorsing you next term. Simple waste of manpower.

Thank you.

5 Likes

True!

1 Like

This happened to me as well. There was a terrorist attack and I had to sit in this weird room with them with the logo of the FBI above the desk. They also met with me within the County which was also weird and stocked me. Please note I had no connections to a terrorist attack except for the photo’s I took when they tried to shoot me.

1 Like

Arguments for returning FBI:

• Corruption. Like, a fuck of a lot of corruption.
  • “Maybe we could appoint a better administration and get people who know their shit?”

Arguments against returning FBI:

• FBI had enough chances and fucked all of them over.
  • It’s just a way to get more power.
  • Half the people in it were twelve year olds who wanted a team and badges and cars and cuffs and root toot point n’ shoots to make them feel important.
  • IO is better, administration, staffing, and capability wise.
  • It would need a good administration, something that can rarely, if ever, be compiled together.
  • The previous FBI administrations were useless and never got anything done.
  • Bringing back FBI would lead to an overlap and conflict of authority between IO and the FBI.
  • It’s useless and unstable.

It’s a debate of personal opinion at this point.

Personal opinion in returning the FBI (lengthy read)

While I’m starting this off by saying no, quick note that I’ll turn it on its head and say yes. I get everyone’s opinion that it’s gonna be useless, it’s a quick power grab for useless bastards who want to feel powerful while they’re failing middle school, it’s a conflict of interest with IO, FBI’s gotten too many chances than it deserves, and it’s useless. Honestly, yeah, I agree, I’ve literally seen absolutely nothing come out of it at all, and its leadership sucked. But, if you want to hear me out in my entirety, keep reading.

My personal opinion is that, while the cons outweigh the pros in my list above, it’s blatantly clear that we need the FBI to return. Corruption and conspiracies and shit being whistleblown on has been at an all time high as of recently, and, while I understand IO works in the shade, it just doesn’t seem like they’ve necessarily done anything, including investigations.
Additionally, yes, IO does fall under DHS, but what we need is a division devoted specifically to this purpose, not just a joint operations group that shoots criminals up on weekdays and only investigates on Saturdays and Sundays. Not that I’m saying work doesn’t get done at all, but, to me in a sense, it doesn’t exactly seem… right for what’s supposed to be an intelligence division to be responding to active hostage situations and calls.

Yes, the FBI should be returned. Hopefully, this time, we can avoid everything that happened the last few times:

• We need a good administration.
  • Preferably no members (especially old members) that would stir up unnecessary drama or slack off during their jobs.
  • No twelve year olds. Everyone proves their age the moment they join the Bureau. Any immaturity, sucking up, or whining, and that person’s thrown out the window.

And, while I’m on this topic of bringing back the FBI with a few changes, what the hell’s the problem with the IO vs FBI conflict?
Why not just let the FBI and IO work together instead of presumably against each other? Both groups have similar tasks and priorities, so if the FBI can gather evidence, and IO can gather evidence, why not have IO kick doors down for the FBI, since the FBI won’t be getting any teams anytime soon, too?
and yes that completely counters my “why is IO doing police work” thing from earlier, but for a small side rant, this is the DHS equivalent of “FBI OPEN UP” and raiding the heck out of your house, not active police response
Two groups, common interests, common goals, let FBI dig around the less controversial cases like around gangs (and possibly more dramatic ones such as inside the government or departments), and let IO handle the bigger ones, until both of them can cooperate on a large scale case, and prove the FBI’s worth.

So, yeah, that’s my personal opinion.
Nice read.

tl;dr no. But I’m partial to yes, because it’s clear that we need it. And if we did bring it back, change its entire infrastructure in order to induce cooperation between IO, the FBI, and the public, be more productive and actually have a use, and reduce potential drama.

e: formatting

1 Like

IO’s job should not to investigate government officials, they are a criminal unit and should focus on criminal investigations. IO is getting too much power and they need to stay in their place as police, not an investigative bureau in the government that focuses on tackling corruption in government officials.

…but FBI sucks, so I don’t want that back either. I have no suggestions but that’s just my stance on it.

3 Likes

No.

We already have enough investigative authorities in our state.

The County Government has the District Attorney for County Department Complaints, which has been used a lot already!

The State Government has IO, DPS, and CGOC.

We dont need any more investigative authorities in our state.

FBI has always been reddened with favoritism by the governor, each time we bring it back, it fails, and hasn’t really gotten anything done at all.

1 Like

this again…

1 Like

Always fails to poor leadership, simply because its nomination was given at the wrong hand.

Seeing how the FBI should be able to prosecute, my bill places the department under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice. In it, the Director that is to be nominated must be agreed with by the Attorney General.

2 Likes