Should the county government be abolished or not? (civil discussion please)

Should the county be abolished or not? Please be civil when discussing this.
There has been so many topics and debates about if the county government should be abolished or not. This is the chance to talk about it all in one thread. Again be civil and don’t get this locked, talk to each other, debate over if it should be abolished.
We’ll see what the outcome is out of both sides and their points. Thank you.
In the comments talk about if it should be abolished, give a strong argument and points about if it should be abolished or not. Thank you.

2 Likes

In reality are counties without governments? No, and therefore, we shouldn’t have a county like that either.

2 Likes

More state oversight!

2 Likes

.yes.

2 Likes

no! no!

3 Likes

NO! Sadly, we need the right people governing it.

I cannot say I was the greatest CE, but I MUST stand up for the County Government, and my municipality underneath it!

#StaywiththeCountyGovernment

2 Likes

I change my mind, don’t abolish. Just impeach the current one :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Ash was the greatest :+1:

3 Likes

No, don’t abolish the county. They did nothing wrong.

Theres no real reason to stop the county from being abolished.

Let me start with my first reasoning.

1. “THE COUNTY RUINED SCSO”

No, the county did not ruin SCSO. The county executive did not do anything wrong either.

The county executive was following the county charter, and the law by requiring SCSO to not hide any information. SCSO failed to do that and the county executive punished SCSO according to violating the county charter by terminating some members involved in the situation.

Additionally, its inappropriate to impeach the County Executive as he was FOLLOWING THE LAW. And its inappropriate to criticize the County Executive as he was doing his job as neccisary.

Its sad to see that after the County Executive did his job, people want him gone. And I am very disappointed with how the citizens of Firestone fail to see the full picture, and get a immature reasoning based on false details and facts that the County Executive did something wrong

Section 5

The County Executive shall have undeniable access to all information stored under the Executive Branch of Stapleton County, including information considered privy. No department, agency, official, or other entity of the Executive Branch of Stapleton County may restrict, prevent, or block The County Executive from viewing information, documents, etc. under the Stapleton County Executive Branch, considered privy or not.

Source(s) County Charter.

Now, the county has been more active then ever. And the county is currently performing as neccisary.

I think we have a VERY GOOD County Executive, and a VERY GOOD county. No need to remove it.

Please do your research next time

3 Likes

Well. I have to say you have been making the point EVERYONE should think about.
Everyone sees “SCSO SHERIFF FIRED” and think BAD BAD BAD BAD.

I mean take Straphos for instance.
Everyone: BAD BAD THIS BAD
And he left a pretty good legacy I must say.

3 Likes

Mhm.

What patchy did was good

How he did it was illegal however

2 Likes

Wow great, abolish the whole County Government for the mistake of one. Nice knowledge man!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like