Should DPW be a Voluntary Department?

Okay, this is a legitimate idea, and I was wondering what the public thinks about if DPW should be voluntary or not. Personally, I believe that it was benefit DPW even more if it was voluntary.

Let me know what y’all think about it.

3 Likes

Naw.

Fin

6 Likes

Sir, what are you smoking, that is a terrible idea from my point of view

• BlueLineEnforcement
2 Likes

no 5char

3 Likes

this implies that it has staffing shortages… yet the department has more employees than DOT, DHS…

3 Likes

If DPW is vol, then DOT is primary!

2 Likes

Yeah no

2 Likes

uh, there’s only like 3 main secondaries, dot, dpw and doc. just leave one to pick the other

2 Likes

poll ?

Should the Department of Public Works be a voluntary department?
  • Yes, it should be a voluntary department.
  • No, it should stay a secondary department.
  • Maybe, I would be fine with either.

0 voters

2 Likes

I see where your coming from. The job is really just sweeping magical dust and collecting randomly spawned dumpsters. They do host mass shift which is cool.

3 Likes

While DPW and DOT aren’t as important as other departments, they have a lot of staff and their both very active departments. Also they can’t really be considered volunteer like the national guard for example. So a no from me.

1 Like

arguably dot is more important than having several agencies do the same job (law enforcement)

5 Likes

No no, we all rely on DOT. V2 would be in an even worse state if we did not have them available to assist with towing vehicles, helping traffic control, etc.

1 Like

I agree DOT is a very important dept in this state, but compared to SCSO or other depts it isn’t as important.

1 Like

How do you decide which departments are “important”?

1 Like

pretty easy choice

1 Like

sure good idea

1 Like