Shooting from helicopters is FRP

idk how this is frp but ok :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

welcome to firestone

6 Likes

it wasn’t a TERRORISM DRILL, they werent practicing terrorism lol

5 Likes

either way shooting from a heli would be a really OP advantage. good thing its already failrp no need to make LEOs have more of an advantage then they already have.

5 Likes

The advantage here in terms of shooting from a heli is that it would be really really hard to shoot the heli driver/the heli shooter down if you are right under the heli

Looking at the image there isnt any character part sticking out of the heli making it the only way to actually be able to shoot those individuals is by shooting right in front of those openings. Meanwhile the CRT have an advantage of having to just zoom out and shoot easily.

I hope everyone understand what I mean by balancing the game that is already unbalanced for criminals.

Thank you,
Samtella

9 Likes

The one time I’ve come across where shooting from the FSP helicopter would be useful is when a criminal was spraying bullets with his AK-47 from on top of a tower on the Skybridge. Ground units have a significant disadvantage and can easily be picked off one by one.

I’d think if it happened in reality, they’d close off the area and just send in a helicopter with a sniper on-board to take them out from the air, otherwise bodies would be dropping everywhere.

But hey ho, we gotta deal with it as it comes and adapt where required. It could be a big advantage over criminals in other cases so I can understand why it’s not allowed in-game (e.g. a tactical unit could simply wipe out an active shooter from above in 2/3 seconds, with the shooter not being able to fire back at and hit them).

7 Likes

This is a pretty dumb logic, if someone has an advantage, why not instead of removing it, just add a counter to the opposite side?

If you look at rainbow six, Glaz was OP, because he had an advantage of focusing even when moving, afterwards they removed it and now Glaz is trash.

And even then, this is not as much of an advantage as you would think. Helicopters are often unavailable, you can shoot the person out of the heli, you can even kill the pilot. This does not give any unfair advantage.

5 Likes

Coming from an actual EMT: We fly people out a lot during the year (maybe once or twice every few months). Sometimes the helicopter meets the EMS crew at the (get this) hospital’s helicopter pad or at some other predesignated LZ.

6 Likes

Thank you

Because V2 development is really active right and criminals get features countering things all the time.

That is called nerfing which is basically what Fedora kinda did when he announced that you can’t shoot while being in a heli, he basically nerfed the helis

doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be OP

It’s not easy nor common to do so, I’ve been personally chased by heli countless times and they are just that annoying bug that are always in the sky reporting where you are at all times

4 Likes

Fed also won’t give us helicopter pads on top of hospitals because hs says they’re “unrealistic” and “maybe in the cartoons”. This is everything but true. If a hospital has a trauma center, it has a helicopter pad.

7 Likes

I don’t think you understood my point. Not allowing people to shoot from the helicopter gives criminals an unfair advantage in situations like in the first picture. We have people in the helicopter who can’t shoot while they can be shot at. Allowing people to shoot from the helicopter would be fair because then LEOs would be able to at least return fire. Shooting from the helicopters is not an unfair advantage, it’s not even an advantage, it’s just a tool to get higher into the air, because you can be shot in the helicopter just as if you would climb up something.

5 Likes

Fed being fed. You cannot reason with him using real life because he doesn’t believe in much of it. And yes, the regional trauma center has a helipad for flight for life.

6 Likes

It is a huge advantage overall. Just like how the riot shield is needed in some situations, it is still op. Back when I played FS, I had fng drop out of the heli and light me up. Imagine if they did not need to drop out? A heli could literally hoaver over a suspect, and snipe us, which is 1 shot. It would be impossible for us to kill anyone on the heli if they are well above us.

It has way more cons than pros, I would only say its fair if, when shot so mamy times, the heli smokes, then a fire starts, and the heli engine dies and mayday, just like how cars work. Maybe like 3 mags of an ak or something, give each heli different hp, for example, the heli tactical units use could take the most damage, while the typical asu heli takes less, it would not be op as asu stays higj in the sku and bullets cant travel that far.

I typed this on a tiny mobile device so idk if that came out right

4 Likes

I still think it’s stupid that we aren’t given the ability to, like if I was riding SR and saw an entire CRT team get lit up and die I just have to go “oop oh well cant do shit”

4 Likes

If they are well above you, then they can’t shoot either. If they can shoot you, so can you shoot them. Although I agree, this could be solved by simply giving helicopters HP just like cars, which is what I am talking about when I am saying “give a counter instead of nerfing”.

6 Likes

Helicopters probably should take a bit more than a car though, i doubt shooting a heli with 10 bullets at a good distance would bring it down

4 Likes

Interesting point

1 Like

agree with u dok but as a servant to the state as a fedorisar I must execute you for that opinion

2 Likes

Everyone here is taking this out of context, and twisting everything I said. It very simply, is not very common for a hospital in a small town/city to have a helipad on the roof. Typically they are in a parking lot or a nearby field. In a major downtown area I can see them being on the roof, but if you considered V2 Arborfield a downtown area then idk what to tell you.

4 Likes

pretty sure the helipad was about v3. also what about the shooting from helicopters

4 Likes