Sheriff Elections

This is my first actual forum so bare with me.

As of right now, the Sheriff for the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office is elected by the County Council. Yes, it works however some people may oppose to the councils choice. So, I think that to better agree on who runs the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office, that the Sheriff be elected by the people of Firestone/Stapleton County instead of the County Council.

Elections would be like any other election. Those who wish to be Sheriff can create speeches and campaign. Then when election day rolls around, the people may vote on who they feel can better the department and better protect them.

2 Likes

WHAT… why not appoint a SCSO command member, elections = some noob never been in SCSO is going to win and ruin it /shrug

1 Like

Holy dear god no. LEA Department heads should never be elected.

2 Likes

Many things could go wrong.

1 Like

Yea…someone brought this up way back in V1 and I believe fed and a bunch of other people tossed it out of the window.

1 Like

Hell to the no

2 Likes

I support. Realistically the sheriff is voted for by the people, and we try to be realistic as possible, so why not?

1 Like

The idea is realistic, but it won’t work out in a ROBLOX group. Too many people want a position like this, and just trust me, they’ll take whatever measures they have to take to get it.

5 Likes

About a year and a half ago I made a county amendment to where the Sheriff had to be elected. It passed, but everybody forgot about it haha- infact, they removed that amendment because if it stayed, technically every Sheriff during that amendment was put into office illegally. Like Straphos said, as much realism that implies, it just won’t work out well on a ROBLOX standpoint.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is true, didn’t think about it like that.

1 Like

yes so i can become the next sheriff mawahahah

1 Like

they tossed his monitor out 2

1 Like

Lol. Hydra finna make a legit looking alt and elect that alt to be sheriff. :joy:

1 Like
1 Like