SCSO Supervisor Requests

Facts, I am completely fine with name and badge, but supervisor requests, oh boy!

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, people still abuse name and badge

4 Likes

Well, you should of recorded the trooper doing that action and then you should’ve submitted a game ban, a supervisor doesn’t deal with game rules, a game moderator does. There is a reason he denied it as it isn’t a supervisor matter, it’s a game moderation matter.

3 Likes

Yeah, but still, it’s in the constitution. Supervisor’s aren’t in the constitution.

3 Likes

eh just have it so they have a certain amount of time that they can delay the arrest like 10 mins seems reasonable. if no supervisors come, well you can go to dps.

4 Likes

This is agreed. It should not be a suspension for this shit. Many people do this, and it is ANNOYING.

3 Likes

Agreed. Supervisors can’t even make the deputy not arrest. The deputy has every power in arrest. A supervisor can’t stop that so there is no point of getting one if its a dumb reason.

5 Likes

Why are you posting about this on here? It’s not like SCSO High Command check the forums.

On a more serious note though, the reason we do not have the same supervisor policy as FSP is confirmation bias. Deputies will usually assume they are in the right or maybe they just don’t feel like dealing with a supervisor at that time. If you let Deputies choose when they can request a supervisor without specific rules, which you can’t make even if you tried, that could set some horrible precedent.
Also, the main thing everyone here, including the annoying civs, is forgetting is that by requesting a supervisor civs waste their own time too. They could be out doing crimes or whatever the hell they like and making fun or whatever but no, now they’re tied up at a scene for 30 minutes because they requested a supervisor and one came and then on top of that they have to do their jail time, which let’s face it probably will be the max.

5 Likes

That’s why SCSO HIGHCOMM don’t trust their deputies.

3 Likes

And that’s one less officer on the road at the car dealer, dealing with a citizen. Citizens will be trolls and waste our time. They are wasting OUR TIME. Meaning officers are tied to a scene for 30 minutes, while distress signals going off, bank robberies in Prom, etc. because a troll who killed someone at the car dealer wants a supervisor.

And refering to my previous statement…

5 Likes

I’d also like to point out, being a former Major and holding supervisor experience since 2017, that in my entire Firestone State Patrol career, with all the supervisor requests (back when they were mandatory), I have only found a Trooper at fault once of wrongdoing (with evidence).

4 Likes

gotta agree with @Doktor710
why does this need to be discussed on the forums?

3 Likes

Well, awareness to the problem.

3 Likes

Listen, would you like to be in a chase for a good 25 minutes, and then later have to request a supervisor which will delay the whole arrest and waste’s time of both parties. It’s annoying to have that happen sometimes.

3 Likes

this is a scso issue not a firestone issue
this doesn’t involve anyone but scso people

3 Likes

uh wat

3 Likes

fs forums is a free place to express an opinion who cares if it doesnt concern you

4 Likes

we tried but people are getting DPS involved now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The best option is to amend the policy to where you can cancel the request if something like a distress signal or emergency happening.

Waiting for a supervisor while people are getting shot up is no different than completing a traffic stop for a guy who ran a stop sign while people are getting shot up, it’s just that it’s one less officer able to respond to that emergency because he’s handling a less emergent situation.

4 Likes

facts, people mad, like chill

3 Likes