SC | Prominence Jurisdiction Poll

“A Bill to protect Private Property” would be one of the main laws.

Signed,
crankyIuke
Press Secretary
District of Prominence

2 Likes

idk what that does

link

2 Likes

2 Likes

I feel as if the municipalities of Hillview and Greendale should fall under the District of Prominence as they would benefit with the laws set forth within the district.

3 Likes

No offense to the county or municipalities but you guys need to work better on public relations in terms of when a new ordinance is passed. I feel like 95% of people only follow state law, exception being the SCFD trespassing law. One of the issues the county and municipalities have though is that they aren’t legally enforceable. They can’t force FSP or DHS or any other agency besides SCFD and SCSO without state approval. With that being said, even municipalities can’t force SCSO to do anything without county approval.

So yeah…

I’d wish for a new list on the main legislature board be created for county & municipal legislation so it could be more accessible, but by that point odds are the state would make a law that trumps the existing legislation made by the county or municipality so everyone has to follow it.

Tl;dr

Municipalities and the county need a better system to address the citizens and law enforcement agencies of new legislation.

5 Likes

The state legislation already covers that for the entire state. Private Business Protection Act of 2019

2 Likes

MAKE HILLVIEW A TORN CITY!!! A GANG WAR TURF!

2 Likes

I agree, we keep everything on the County Records board, so if the State government would be so generous to link it, we would appreciate it.

**Side note: Not fully updated yet as we want to do some changes, but major legislation, with the exception of the new Jurisdiction Act, is on the board.

We intend on putting Municipal ordinances on here too.

3 Likes

We’ve been trying to do this for a long time. I suggested even over a year ago to add a spot for Municipal ordinances and even County Ordinances on the Firestone Forums for a way to be more transparent, and to allow others to view these ordinances.

All I’m saying, is that Municipal Law should have to be taken into consideration by county or even state agencies when operating in said city. It makes it useless to even have ordinances being passed by the municipal and or county governments if the agencies operating within them do not have to follow their local ordinances.

2 Likes

Actually, it does not. The law by the State simply says that property owners can tell you to bugger off, but it doesn’t state any penalty for not doing so. Basically, a property owner could say “hey, I don’t want you here” and then you stay and they can’t do anything. The law passed by the District of Prominence puts an actual penalty on not leaving and, well, trespassing on private property, while still keeping within the guidelines set by State law. Moreover, it doesn’t just apply to businesses, but all private properties, which would also include residential buildings and vehicles.

3 Likes

Both Greendale and Hillview were apart of the Prominence City Limits since SeanCityNavy was mayor, (couple of years ago), to strip these areas from Prominence not only cripples our widespan of residents, but also no longer allows businesses within Hillview and Greendale to benefit from Prominences laws and its open advertisement and cooperation with businesses.

Put them back under Prominence.

3 Likes

can I buy hills view from Congress

2 Likes

please refrain from buying my towns!

Signed,
Elite_Creations
County Executive
Stapleton County

5 Likes

MY???

ARE YOU TRYING TO RUN FOR CE FOREVER AND MAKE IT YOUR PROPERTY?? ARE YOU TRYING TO BE A DICTATOR

3 Likes

It should stay as an unincorporated area. It legit has its own signs for it. Also josh keeps saying it’s should stay under prom, yet has done nothing to benefit the 2 areas…

4 Likes

Perhaps… We will never know young one…

3 Likes

I dare you to make an alt called Creations_Elite after your 4 terms so you can run again. Lol

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea

Legality check, anyone?

2 Likes

or just remove municipal governments like I did so we don’t waste time on stuff like this

3 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes