Replace Patrol Division Equipment, Appropriately Buff the AR-15 Rifle

Oh, the dear dear irony. AR-15 rifles for FSP - #28 by Lidels

Anyways, hello all. I’ve been meaning to make this thread for some time now, but I sort of forgot about everything after my termination from DHS.

The M870 is a great weapon for breaching and other uses that do not include self defense, but it’s time for it to go. Given the fast pace of gunfights, accuracy (among other things) is a determining factor in victory. Given V2’s climate, it’s simply not the correct choice for “additional firepower”. Don’t take this as me writing off the M870, but it’s intended use, practical use, and actual use in v2 are all three completely different things - I’m sure we can all on that.

So – the M870 should be removed from patrol officers inventories, with the AR-15 taking their stead. The AR-15 is an example of one of V2’s most severely inaccurately represented rifles, with them being passed off as DMR’s or any category other than that by which it should be. The AR-15 in the real world will fire as fast as your finger can keep up, however that’s been far from the case since the weapon’s introduction into V2 up until now. With the proposed addition of the AR-15, I propose that it be buffed in firerate to a level that can keep up with a realistic semi automatic trigger mode.

If the AR-15 will be added after this suggestion without changes being done to the fire rate, please ignore my suggestion. This suggestion is only truly effective when fully implemented.

That’s it. No damage buffs, nothing of the sort. Now, onto debunking some of the counterarguments that “exist” regarding this matter.

1. Rifles will increase crossfire issues and general misuse overall.

Trigger discipline is a burden carried by the officer, not the weapon. There’s no legitimate argument that can prove that any type of weapon promotes or otherwise encourages any form of misuse.

2. Call a tactical team.

If you know a single criminal that will agree to your time out while you page your colleagues to outnumber him in firepower and physical numbers, please let me know. Go on, I’ll wait.

3. The M870 is fine.

Just “fine” and “acceptable” are two different things. If a weapon designed to serve as a reinforcement to your primary weapon is being outperformed by your primary weapon, then it is fundamentally useless.

I’ll be waiting for your [other] counter arguments down below.

20 Likes

As a long time Law Enforcement Officer, I 100% support

10 Likes

Support - HackXLidels

7 Likes

it sounds like a cool idea and the m870 feels redundant whenever i see leos. they always go for the glock, and maybe having some variety in seeing what leos use would be cool. would support

7 Likes

Support.

5 Likes

ok at least give the ar-15 to dfc+

6 Likes

Why ?

5 Likes

Theoretically speaking, if this request was approved, what should the Alpha gun be for Paws?

7 Likes

m4a1

5 Likes

A good weapon that would fit well in the fast placed criminal element would be the CZ Scorpion Evo 3. It is considered an SMG, but carries a physical profile in the likes to that of a pistol, matching other weapons in its class such as the SIG SAUER MCX rattler. It’s above average rate of fire provides excellent counterbalance to the AR-15, while being an overall excellent alpha weapon that would provide a decent competition to the M4A1.

Not only can this weapon leave a lot of space for balancing, such as 3 different magazine sizes (10,20, and 30), but its prevalence as an alpha weapon would serve as a secondary filter to overuse, the first being pricing of course.

I would have chosen a weapon from the current V2 arsenal, however, v2’s weapon array is scarce as-is, leaving the list of potential weapons for criminals, much less alpha weapons, even more scarce.

I’ll build this if you want, too.

11 Likes

as ex-leo i support

5 Likes

I really like this idea. The M870 is useless if we have enough ammo on the Glock. With the Glock, you could kill someone with one mag. With the M870 you’d be lucky if you could kill them first.

In other words,

I support this proposal.

6 Likes

Giving SCSO any more fire power the they have currently is very scary but I support I guess

4 Likes

YES I NEED AN AR THIS GLOCK SUCKS ASS

6 Likes

for everyone whos gonna say oMg sCsO crOsSfIre

first of all, there’s a lot of competent individuals in SCSO that I could even trust with a full auto weapon

second of all, look at swat, they’re murdering civilians left and right and nobody gives a shit

This AR would be a great addition for patrol division, and it would greatly help us when we’re being ambushed

8 Likes

Changing the weapons an officer uses does nothing to combat/support bad firing habits.

7 Likes

The question was meant for current choices that Paws provide. There won’t be an addition of weapons to paws.

7 Likes

do you have anything to back up these baseless claims your making about swat?

4 Likes

that has the added bonus of being SEXY AF

6 Likes

Sky ur only saying this now because you got rejected from SWAT. Now you begin to talk shit about SWAT.

8 Likes