Rental Bikes

*** EVEN THOUGH I AM A FIRESTONE DEVELOPER THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANY DEVELOPMENT SUGGESTIONS I POST ARE PREVIEWS/CONFIRMATION OF FEATURES ***

Getting stranded is extremely annoying as a citizen, especially one that doesn’t have any jobs to switch to/back to get back to Redwood. You either have to log and rejoin, or you have to reset and take the cash hit. In V3 the impact of this will be diminished if automated trains are implemented, but it still would be nice if there was a way to get a bicycle even if your bike is nowhere nearby.

In comes rental bikes. Many cities have rental bikes available: they’re stored on racks in fixed locations, you pay for the rental and you get to take the bike.

For an implementation, one could pay a flat fee for a bike for an unlimited amount of time. You get a partial refund if you return the bike to any rental bike rack (only the renter gets the refund, to prevent stealing), and if you don’t return it you don’t get your partial refund.

19 Likes

Great Idea!

3 Likes

I think rental scooters is a better idea

1 Like

In Pursuit suspect in rental bike need addicts code 3

1 Like

Do bird scooters, called Blox Scooters loooll.

1 Like

Also we could call it the Lightning so if your homie calls you on the phone you can tell him “no i don’t have a car I got stranded at greendale I’m riding the Lightning”

4 Likes

Hey, quick question. When is the set release date for V3?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

The release was scheduled for mid-summer 2019.
Not sure if anything has changed.

1 Like

Ive heard beginning of june, end of july, and 2020 summer so I have no clue

1 Like

i support the idea of electric bikes/scooters… but if not this would be cool as well

1 Like

lit idea, weren’t these in v1

1 Like

Full Support

1 Like

support!

1 Like

Stop revivingggg

1 Like

not actually a bad idea

1 Like

We finna gonna see 20 bikes blocking the road and doors during robbery LOL

1 Like

YES YES

1 Like

LMAO stupid thing wont let me just write LMAO alone so ig ur reading this. congrats you wasted 30 seconds reading this. just joking LOL

1 Like

getting a mod here to warn u for rule 2 LOL

1 Like

wats rule 2

1 Like