Redwood Police Department Approval Poll (DPS AUDIT)

Do you approve of the Redwood Police Department?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of the Patrol Division?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of the K-9 Division?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of the Training & Admissions Division?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of the Public Relations Division?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of Chief Richie_Bear?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of Assistant Chief SteelTrigger?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of Lieutenant AestheticallyHappy?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of Lieutenant ExoticShepherd?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of Lieutenant Nickiy_Mercado?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

Do you approve of the Redwood Police Department Supervisory (command) Staff?
  • Yes
  • Neutral
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Doing a public poll is really just asking for a excuse to fire whoever is disliked, I am not defending the Redwood Police Department it does have its issues but there are better ways (Not the public) on gathering info on a department

8 Likes

Okay good job on making the result closed,

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

I think AestheticallyHappy is doing a great job! (He shot me 14 times for being black…)

9 Likes

I think AestheticallyHappy is doing a great job! (He shot me 14 times for being black…)

5 Likes

I support the RPD for the most part but the main issue is that a lot of the new hires don’t know how to properly do their jobs and I get that they are new but it can mess up a lot.

3 Likes

So real

2 Likes

There’s a clear reasoning behind it. I’ve spoken to former and current officers before in the past as well and they had a decent amount of stuff to say. Everyone that I’ve spoken to were employed within the department. The sole reason why they’re still here is mainly because they wish to be a cop somewhere, no matter the cost. This has been an ongoing topic for a while now and an audit has finally been summoned. I hope this audit is conducted to the best of its capacity and hopefully we get some good results. Me personally, I am disappointed with certain aspects of this department, I bet some others are too.

2 Likes

I :heart: RPD

2 Likes

Love how RPD is the focus of the community while we have multiple other departments with WAY bigger issues :rofl:

(i am not rpd chief anymore someone remove my label :cry:)

8 Likes

Agreed, the biggest issues raised regarding quality of officers etc doesn’t solely lie on the Field Training Programme, I agree it needs updating, which is already is being and going to be a lot more in depth (this was started before the audit began)

But ultimately, all POST Certified Officers should be able to complete the basic law enforcement duties, which recently we have had recruits coming in unable to do so. Most of them don’t even know the correct way to do traffic stops.

5 Likes

support

2 Likes

This thread is the reason why I clicked “No” on everything so fast

2 Likes

Bruh go focus on your department on god

2 Likes

Factssssss

2 Likes

(i kinda just said random shit, lets hope it made sense)

I’m going to be completely honest with everyone here. It helps to have a department that accepts almost everyone.

If we look at before the PDs were made, the three primary LEO agencies in Firestone were FSP, SCSO and DHS. SCSO was consistently clowned on for having low standards to become a deputy. Through Ftlicious’s administration in 2021, FSP was viewed as a more favourable department to be in. After the PDs were introduced, FSP & SCSO were no longer seen as Starter Departments and that focus was shifted towards the PDs.

As much as the PDs get shit for being the god-tier stupidest people you will meet in the group, they do a pretty good job at moving the problem and changing it in a way where it benefits everyone to an extent where the simplistic content they need to know forces them to patrol a confined region on the map which lets them be in more beneficial positions for interception, but it can just be an excuse to move all the “stupid” or problematic people out of the more reputable departments.

What I’m trying to say is that you will always have a department to clown on, in Firestone it’s RPD and I’m sure other groups like Mayflower or NUSA have their own equivalents. I’m sure it’s ridiculously easy to get a position in RPD, but dude, you need somewhere for the idiots to go.

6 Likes

Whilst I’m not gonna say @Richie_Bear is intentionally making RPD have low standards, this is the result from other agencies in Firestone having too high of a standard. PDP was heavily disliked when it was first introduced and that’s because they all acted like clowns (and to an extent some of them still do).

I have seen Richie mention before that the quality of POST Cadets has been really low recently and he’s getting people who can’t do traffic stops. I don’t think its necessarily his fault that the quality is so low, but there are things he can do within the admissions process to try and help filter out the idiots who only completed POST by reviewing notes 24/7 and weren’t actually taught the material.

Teaching someone the material they need to know is not the same as directly copying the notes from a screenshot.

6 Likes

this concludes my completely unprovoked random ramble

4 Likes

“License and registration please”
-pulls out gun-
“or else.”

4 Likes