Recalls Amendment Act of 2022

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF FIRESTONE

May 16, 2022

Mr. MatthewSandringham (for himself, Mr. Clonemep, Ms. Automationeer, Mr. AlexTheAviatorRBLX, Mr. DiazEdmundo, and Mr. Hmmm_Poul) introduced the following amendment:

A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

To change the recall signature amount.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Firestone in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE

This Act may be cited as the “Recalls Amendment Act of 2022”.

SEC 2. ENACTMENT

This Amendment shall go into effect upon the completion of the constitutionally required processes.

SEC 3. SEVERABILITY

Should any part of this Amendment be struck down and/or declared unenforceable, then that part shall be severed with the rest remaining in full force and effect unless all is struck down and/or declared unenforceable.

SEC 4. AMENDMENTS

(a) Article I, Section VIII, Subsection II of the Firestone Constitution shall be amended.

(i) Article I, Section VIII, Subsection II of the Firestone Constitution currently states: "

II. For a recall petition to trigger a recall referendum, the following requirements must be met within 14 days of the recall petition being posted: the recall petition has attained a total of 80 signatures from citizens; the recall petition has attained a total of 3 signatures from state government officials, excluding congressional presiding officers and the Governor, these individuals may still sign personally but it will not count towards this additional requirement. If a recall petition does not meet these requirements within 14 days of posting, it shall be considered failed. Judges or justices may not sign or publish a recall petition; they may vote on recall referendums if ordinarily capable (i.e. not banned from the Firestone Forums)."

(ii) Article I, Section VIII, Subsection II of the Firestone Constitution shall be amended to state: "

II. For a recall petition to trigger a recall referendum, the following requirements must be met within 14 days of the recall petition being posted: the recall petition has attained a total of 50 signatures from citizens; the recall petition has attained a total of 3 signatures from state government officials, excluding congressional presiding officers and the Governor, these individuals may still sign personally but it will not count towards this additional requirement. If a recall petition does not meet these requirements within 14 days of posting, it shall be considered failed. Judges or justices may not sign or publish a recall petition; they may vote on recall referendums if ordinarily capable (i.e. not banned from the Firestone Forums)."

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.