Recall of Senator FoundKatiee

Recall of Senator FoundKatiee

By the power vested in me by C.I.VIII, I hereby initiate a recall petition to legally remove Senator FoundKatiee from her position as senator for severe inactivity. I would like to point out while I understand the unfortunate situation that has lead to her inactivity, and I wish her only the best, she can always be re-elected to congress in a future term where she will be able to successfully fulfill her duties.

A leave of absence this lengthy is beginning to take up the majority of the current term. In order to achieve quorum, one half of the chamber must be present. Time and time again, the Senate has failed to reach quorum by one person, a one person requirement that would not have existed if Katiee had resigned, or better yet, someone who had the time for the position occupied it. This has been ongoing for four months (of a 6 month term). Failed quorum after failed quorum. Waiting 24-48 hours for one more vote on a motion or piece of business. Even after this difficulty was articulated to FoundKatiee, a new Senator who had campaigned on not knowing what she is doing, she still hasn’t resigned. Personal issues have been cited for her inactivity, which is good enough reason for her to not have to worry about a silly Roblox game. The issue is, she is not forced to be a Senator, she has no obligation or right to be a Senator, and she has no authority to delay the business of Congress. She could have resigned multiple times. - CanadIanLaw

In order to substantiate these accusations, I present the failed senate resolution, which contains the evidence. I also encourage the public to view the expulsion hearing, located in the senate-session-26 channel of the legislature discord: Senate Resolution to Expel Senator FoundKatiee

Pursuant to this petition reaching 50 supports, the governor shall be constitutionally mandated to host a referendum lasting 71-73 hours.

In order to support this referendum, comment with “Support” (or any other reasonable variant thereof).

Constitutionally, I cannot proxy any votes from Discord and as such you will have to have a forums account to support this recall.

4 Likes

Support, “he’s got to go blud”

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

…“the recall petition has attained a total of 3 signatures from state government officials, excluding congressional presiding officers and the Governor,”…

3 Likes

support

2 Likes

Yes I am aware that the House can impeach Senators.

4 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support. It’s what is best for an already semi-inactive legislature.

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

SUpport

2 Likes

Suport

1 Like

Support

2 Likes

Y’all got too much time on god :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

HIGHLY support and endorse

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

I support on behalf of my part as a state representative for the city of Arborfield.

2 Likes

support

2 Likes