Quick thought

Since Secret Service is required to protect the Governor at all costs, if the Governor wishes to go into the most dangerous place and rejects Secret Service’s advice to go into a shelter or whatever, should Secret Service force him into protection and disallow him to go into such place, or protect the Governor while he enters the danger zone?

:thonk:

1 Like

protect the governor while he enters the danger zone, his judgment should be trusted

2 Likes

With that logic, the Governor is not obliged to follow Secret Service orders, rather the Secret Service is obliged to protect the Governor at all costs. hm…

4 Likes

Technically, no law mandates the Governor (or any official) be protected. Legally speaking, the SS could be like “nah, see ya.” Though of course, the Governor has control over executive departments. From my personal experience with SS, they are not happy when you just walk up into RW when ten people are shooting it up. It’s generally not good to piss of the hand that feeds you.

4 Likes

Do I smell a need for legislation…

1 Like

thonk

1 Like

Add a law that requires the governor to follow secret service order to go to a shelter. Its too dangerous to let the governor do what he wants

1 Like

sir this is the land of free u can no restrict me movement

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like