Public Opinion on Department Performance

Lately, I’ve noticed a decline in the overall performance of our executive departments at the state, county, and municipal levels. As a concerned member of our community, I believe it’s important to address these issues constructively to seek resolution. However, when I’ve previously raised these concerns in good faith, I’ve encountered some backlash from employees within the respective departments. I understand their perspective, as criticism can be challenging, but we must tackle unresolved issues.

With that in mind, I’m creating this forum post to gauge the community’s response to the overall performance of these departments. I want to provide a platform for people to openly share their criticisms if they wish to do so. This post is made with good intentions, similar to my previous attempts, and aims to promote productive discussions within the main Firestone Discord. I kindly request that everyone who participates in this topic remain respectful, even though I’m sceptical about whether everyone will adhere to this simple request.

The following polls are presented in no specific order, merely reflecting the departments’ arrangement within the State of Firestone group. It’s entirely optional for individuals to comment on specific issues within these departments.

For those working in these departments, you can defend your operations. However, please keep in mind that most comments are based on personal experiences and beliefs regarding how departments should operate.

tl;dr: I'm curious about how the public views all the executive departments operating and if we can together improve the performance.

Firestone State Patrol

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone National Guard

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Transportation

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Justice

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Corrections

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Commerce

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Public Safety

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Public Works

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Courts

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Health

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of State

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Aviation Administration

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Peace Officer Standards and Training

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Fire Academy

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Bureau of Investigations

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Firestone Department of Boating and Waterways

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Stapleton County Sheriffs Office

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Stapleton County Fire Department

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Prominence District Police

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Redwood Police Department

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Arborfield Police Department

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Poor

0 voters

Thank you to everyone who participated in the polls.

3 Likes

PROUD FIRESTONE CITIZEN!

3 Likes

Tbf, I don’t think SCPA or Park Service should be included since those are literally V3 departments and can’t even function in V2. So they are in limbo right now until V3 is out.

1 Like

I decided to include Park Service as it is currently running as the Firestone Department of Boating and Waterways.

Upon v3 being released, FDOBW will be merged into FPS.

Port Authority? I decided to include them as even though it’s a v3 department - people should still have the ability to voice opinions on the current staffing arrangement, policies and what can currently be done to ensure its properly released come v3.

a dev justified them being removed so i have removed SCPA from the polls

2 Likes

Fair. Ty

1 Like

i feel like most departments have seen a drop in standards :man_shrugging:
mostly to do with the general decline of the state. the golden age of firestone is long gone and it’s never going to be as good as it was

6 Likes

this isn’t directed to fbiagent, but more to this argument regarding “decline” in departments. I feel like everyone is just trying to find someone to blame, when the reason behind this is pretty simple. Roblox is a game targeted towards children, no matter which way you twist it. FS is more of an exception to commonly found games on ROBLOX, as we r a hardcore roleplay group (:joy:). with kids continuously joining the game, and…older ppl (15+) NOT joining, of course the standards r gonna be different.

tl;dr i just feel like it’s rlly weird when ppl keep saying that depts r declining as if it’s only a FS “issue”, it’s a roblox “issue”.

10 Likes

I mean, the game’s literally 7 years old at this point. I’m surprised there’s still people who joined in 2016 still in this community. Of course the state’s standards will lower. The people who held the bars high for years have left, and the newer generation has no sense of those standards at all because nobody decided that it was a good idea to carry it through.

This really isn’t a Firestone only issue either, like Addie previously said. Ridgeway and Mayflower (the remade version) has lower standards as a result of new management or new group members. There is no reason on why we should compare the standards of today to whatever the “Golden Age” of Firestone was because of this generational difference.

12 Likes

FFA like:

also FFA is doing better than POST in the polls so at least i’m doing something right

3 Likes

Kinda is the fault of the older generation for never giving the light of day to younger generations to lead a department while having the older generations there to help advise. People now just quit and we put in people who are inexperienced because the other department head was there for years and handled most of the issues.

5 Likes

It’s just the sense of pride and self-importance. Nobody really wants to sacrifice their hard-earned positions when they already know that they can do a better job than their successors. You can’t trust anybody but yourself in communities like this.

There’s also a severe amount of groupthink that just horrifyingly ruins the progression of the state entirely. When it comes to drama and scandals, it will always be one side of the state vs the other, and it happens every. single. fucking. month.

As an outsider to Firestone, I absolutely despise this community’s politics and general conduct. The moment you are publicly called out for something, either you or the person calling you out will be silenced, booted, and pseudo-blacklisted from the community. Nobody has learnt their lesson, and it keeps creating the generational divide that we commonly see now.

4 Likes

I disagree with the notion that this all boils down to a simple generational differences.

While I understand the point you’re trying to make, I think that blaming the entirety of Firestone’s issues on the “newer generation” because it has “no sense of… standards” is a huge oversimplification of the situation.

For one, it sounds quite a bit like the tried and true “[insert generation here] is just lazy and doesn’t understand things!”, a common talking point that has been used for at least the past century in real-life conversations.

I also don’t understand what this is supposed to mean:

Carry through what? The “high bar” set by community members in the past? Why and how do you think they fail to deliver?

While this is true, it also leaves out some very important context that sets Firestone apart from the remade Mayflower (assuming you’re referring to Noah’s) and Ridgeway.

The State of Mayflower’s original group closed in the middle of 2021. After multiple attempts to reboot (some more successful than others), Noah’s remade version picked up a great amount of steam late in 2022. This means that there was a period of over a year in which old members of Mayflower were not actively participating within the group and likely left it altogether. In addition, although the group picked up steam in late 2022, it started much earlier than that. This meant that a large number of positions in departments were filled by those with less desirable qualities or a lack of experience purely to form a government and departments. While you could call this a generation divide between the old Mayflower players and the new, I think it’s more of a “rejects of the original game were given a chance to hold power” type of situation. This has also lead to huge power imbalances and drama within the community, but I won’t touch on that as it isn’t necessarily relevant to the conversation at hand. The point is; there was not a “generational divide” as much as there was a systemic breakdown of the community, its player base, and the allowance of incompetent people into positions of power.

While I’m slightly less educated on the “decline of Ridgeway”, it’s worth noting two main points. For one, Ridgeway shared a huge portion of its player base with Mayflower, and when Mayflower fell, Ridgeway started to decline with it. Second, as far as I’m aware, Ridgeway simply lost activity (especially with a lack of updates for a while). There was no generational divide, just a lack of players to keep the game running.

The point I’m trying to make with all of that is that Firestone has not gone through what the two examples you listed did, meaning that can’t be a great explanation to explain the “lower standards” of today.

5 Likes

Refer to:

Next:

I think this is a reflection of how you personally feel rather than a broader critique of the community. While places like Firestone are inherently areas where deceit and malice in the goal of benefitting one’s self can thrive, I’d be willing to bet that the vast majority of the people involved within the community don’t have this mentality, even if they’re “newer”. People can make good friends and bonds through Rostates, and that doesn’t seem like not being able to trust anyone to me.

This is, unfortunately, the nature of politics and power, whether it be in the real world of a video game. While the ideal world would see everyone have their own independent and informed position on each issue, that’s unfortunately an incredibly high bar that I would argue that little to no large Rostates have ever cleared at any point.

The usage of the politics and mentality of ostracization to justify the existence of some greater “generational divide” is a bit of a stretch, is it not? Polarity and divisiveness don’t create new generations of players, they just pit all of them against each other, old or new. Whether you first played the game a week ago or half a decade in the past likely does not impact one’s allegiances and personal loyalties.

Moving aside from your main points (I didn’t intend to target you specifically, it’s just that you brought up the most points of contention), it’s also very easy to look at the past with rose-tinted glasses. Nostalgia can obscure the faults of the past. When I first envision my experiences in 2018 Firestone, I think of a great amount of excitement and opportunity. Upon further inspection, however, the reality was far from the truth. Corruption and scandals were as rife as ever, departments were often unstable, and the overall quality of candidates for things like POST-required agencies was… low.

While it certainly has its issues, I think that Firestone is, if anything, in a better place now and in a better position for the future than it ever was during its perceived “golden age” (excluding activity). Blaming a perceived declined in departmental quality on a “new generation” seems like a scapegoat to me.

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5char

2 Likes

Glad that me and 37% of voters agree

You ain’t getting rid of me tho

4 Likes

i had chatgpt write it, not my problem officer

1 Like

i am seancitynavy’s number 1 fan
the FAA is nothing without him

3 Likes

seancitynavy certifies me to commit airborne ied attacks on firestone sovereignty and offical buildings, so im not complaining

4 Likes

good to see DOJ is good as always, but how can DOS improve?

1 Like

by removing u xoxoxoxo

(this is a joke please dont hurt my family, hurt @Cuxle’s instead, please.)

1 Like