Props for the news companies!

Hello, I am vehicle_law, If you do not know me I am currently a reporter for the firestone broadcasting company, and I have had the idea that broadcasting companies should be given some roleplay tools! To get around the barrier that is creating teams, you would click the trunk of the broadcasting vehicle, and you’d have the option to grab either a microphone or a camera from your car, this would be applied to all current news vans (FNN explorer, FBC explorer) I believe it would add to the immersion, and would be a fun way to get more civilians to engage with news workers!

12 Likes

Support

5 Likes

support

5 Likes

I support 100%

5 Likes

As much as I like this idea, companies like FNN and FBC have already had more dev support than other news/media businesses. Not every new news company that gets established would receive the dev support and there’s other businesses that exist that people would agree deserve dev support more than the news companies but obviously it’s up to the founders.

Also, as mentioned in a couple V2 suggestions at the moment… lag! The more added to V2, the laggier it gets and it’s already bad enough.

5 Likes

This is planned for v3 I believe, not 100% sure

4 Likes

would be nice to have but there are other features that need higher priority

4 Likes

there’s never dev support to private sector transport, so why should we support this if other services don’t get it either? just an opinion.

3 Likes

never dev support for the smaller departments either lol

5 Likes

I agree, it’s fucking biased because apparently you have to be “friends” with an owner for it or if they consider you worthy for it even if you’re just starting. I know I’m gonna be silenced, but hey! I’m fucking stating my point. @iLordOfAviation

4 Likes

no hate to my slime sam i love my boy but its wild that fdoa waited like 3-4 years before receiving ANYTHING and FBC gets put in the game within like a week of being made

6 Likes

I agree, it’s fucking biased. There’s no support whatsoever towards private transport aswell, because we have a communist and unrealistic ideology that everything transport related MUST be given to DOT, as if DOT doesn’t have all the shit they want in the world. Taxis should be OWNED by private businesses PEIRIOD. Just look at mayflower, eastbrook, and ridgeway. They all have that system. Fucking unfair man.

5 Likes

“If we don’t get anything, no one else should get anything.” ~a_sbestos 2021

7 Likes

god idea but this is going into v3 already, more of a v3 thing. still support

5 Likes

For something to be unfair, there must be a deliberate lack of balance creating an loss affecting one or more involved parties. If you’re so pressed on getting your private taxis and buses, I implore you to visit one of these states you have visited below:

and consider remaining there on a permanent basis.

Government run transport exists in the real world, which is the gameplay decision the Founders have decided to adopt. You’ll simply have to accept that, lobby for change, or leave - but there’s no “unfairness” here.

5 Likes

No “friend” benefit was even used at all. I was active and I managed to get the public eye in a span of a week pretty much if you want to look at the statistics of it. I hosted and managed the website myself with no “dev-support” for it and the cars are just a reskin of FNN. Furthermore, other businesses managed to also get dev-support in the game. Activity and dedication actually gain you the dev supported needed just like QUEST got all of our attention when it was released so did Capital Gas.

I personally don’t know any other business but FNN and FBC that is straight up a news/media business. if so then they again didn’t get the public’s attention as we did. We should activity since day 1 with professional posts and establishment to this day. DM me with those other active DoCM licensed news/media organizations

So believe it or not, we have actual private transportation companies… That use civilian cars as they can and DoCM supports so. Look at KOTSE a fully established private transportation company with a building and use civilian cars but color coded and with a uniform. ^-^

6 Likes

I don’t see the point in not supporting development suggestions. If the counter-argument is always “Well I don’t have anything so they shouldn’t” then no progress would ever be made. I do however believe prioritization is more important for other things than this; not that they don’t deserve it, just not as a first priority.

4 Likes

i dont think its wah wah wah i want something too! just that there’s no clear standard

4 Likes

I dont expect there to be a clear standard any time soon. Just promote as much development as possible tbh

4 Likes

ok so like it has run that way for long time, before businesses were a thing (i think), and since v3 is the main “focus” they aren’t going to suddenly bust out a new team or some shit to give a company a bus… just wait until v3 or, wow, use your OWN cars. Make the best of what you have instead of complaining.

also if you use this argument against this main post, i will provide my counter here. they are asking for maybe some small props, instead of a fucking bus.

thats my take on this bye (also yes i edited this i misread the post to begin with)

4 Likes