Problem with punching system in v2

Hello.
Lately there has been a lot of players active into firestone v2 with that comes people who are unable to roleplay or abuse stuff in game. There has been this issue with the punching system and how criminal are abusing it by walking into vehicles and punching people such as going in cars to punch leos to get them out and start shooting. I have filed like 4 or 5 ban requests for this reason now and it’s getting annoying af. I understand this was made to give criminal an advantage but now it’s getting abused. Heres an example. Screen capture - 84150d1ffcfc663f16ae452bb1353759 - Gyazo (was unable to get his username so he pretty much got away with it.) I think there should be parts where you can’t use punching or maybe a safe zone system in cars?

11 Likes

safe zone type system or whatever if yk what i mean

4 Likes

if punching people in cars is frp and not allowed then u literally shouldnt be able to punch someone in a car

6 Likes

It doesn’t make sense for someone to be able to punch you through a door, punching should definitely not work while the (victim) is seated in a vehicle.

5 Likes

make punching less deadly, you can tab to discord for 5 seconds and come back from full health to dead

6 Likes

I understand your frustration and yes, punching someone by standing inside of a vehicle is fail roleplay and is dealt with by the game moderation team.

Although, we’re not permanently on v2 to deal with that sort of stuff and it takes time for it to be processed through ban requests. A more permanent game mechanic would likely be much more fit to purpose.

As you suggested, a “safe zone” like system would likely be much more efficient.

5 Likes

Just to add on to what I said, you might find it more valuable to suggest your idea in the dev suggestions.

4 Likes

completely disagree, just get out of your car and arrest them if they start punching you, more game rules is making the game unfun

5 Likes

There should really be a system. There have been times where I’ve had my CFL and been ganged up on by people punching and then they’ve ended up dead but as I’m on 1hp trying to leave CD to drive to SCMC, someone walks inside and punches me once more to kill me. Why make it FRP to walk inside cars if the ability to do so exists? Why make it FRP to punch inside vehicles if the ability to do so exists? I understand the issue of walking in cars is somewhat fixed in V3 but like whilst we’re stuck with V2 for god knows how much longer, there should definitely be a system or mechanic that stops this being a problem.

4 Likes

I have to agree with you on that. we have too many game rules now, to the point that the majority of the community (new & “old”) don’t know them

an example of that is; standing on a light pole being FRP

many people don’t even know it’s against the rules because it was stated over a year ago and not really stated elsewhere, you also wouldn’t really think that something so minor can be against the rules

I hope we can one day just have a smaller list of rules displayed on discord/a tab in game, basically only have LTAAIng/RTAAing (changing it from leaving/resetting to avoid arrest to leaving/resetting to avoid action), abusing game mechanics/glitching, exploiting, attention seeking (ramming constantly/doing things for attention). etcetc when the game is more “mechanical”

8 Likes

If it’s FRP why not disable it developmentally?

10 Likes

tabbed out for a few seconds to check dms at cd then come out dead. another time, someone in a fur suit came and punched me because of road rage

4 Likes

happened again today. Screen capture - 4f662d7d188e3de1b79e94a813d99c3b - Gyazo please fix its’ really annoying.

3 Likes

firestone should move gameplay rather than strict rp, however that’s my thought

5 Likes

Considering whitelisted sketchy “RP-servers” are now making an appearance I do not believe this will happen or that Firestone will retain its focus on government now that there is practically no accountability

4 Likes

I believe and hope that v3 development is aiming more towards that. It’s much more fun when you don’t have 100+ rules to worry about.

4 Likes

i stg bruh fix this shit. getting annoying now. Screen capture - e08b5f6f9f96c127362a5943e5616706 - Gyazo

2 Likes

you want to give criminals nothing?

3 Likes

y’all are just soft af

3 Likes

Can it at least make a sound so that you know if ur being beaten to death while not on the game

6 Likes