Priority Call Changes

Spikes cant be set in front of a stationary car, and secondly having cars off to the side wont give you any cover, not a good idea.

3 Likes

they have the impenetrable riot shield

3 Likes

Last time I checked - the police are not obligated to enforce the law/stop a shooting unless a contract is created between the affected party(ies) and the police in question (OR unless there is a mandate per state law that they do so).

@DannyboyJurist You concur?

6 Likes

post oath also why would you want to be a cop if u don’t want to do this stuff

4 Likes

What about FBI/IO, who could be undercover as a hostage. I’ve seen this (similar) happen in a few real situations.

3 Likes

can swat/crt still enter a building with their shield out for negotiations instead of a gun? personally i find it a lot easier to enter a building with a shield instead of a gun, as it saves you from misfiring and also can also make the hostage taker feel safer, if we breach with a gun then we are gonna seem like we are breaching and may set back negotiations.

also, i think there hasnt been much clarification about tactical unit’s scene priority, as i can already picture 5 deputies all rushing in with swat and getting crossfired.

3 Likes

This isn’t the United States. Considering every criminal law has every LEA stated as enforcers they are required by about 50 state laws to act.

4 Likes

issue with setting up a perimeter is like this meme

you can block off the path in but v2 rammers basically just goes around

7 Likes

Note to everyone: such a mandate does exist…

3 Likes

good idea, except there could be impatient people who would rush in to buy a car unfortunately. But that would be uncommon, so yeah it could work.

3 Likes

yeah, but there’s always that one person though

3 Likes

Thats why Riot Shields exist?? If there are no officers with riot shields they should attempted to get hold of the taker via phone or page.

4 Likes

Yeah no, thats not the proper use of a shield, its meant for breaching, first man in has the shield.

3 Likes

Nope.

4 Likes

Yes sir

3 Likes

Technically you breach to negotiate. So I don’t see the issues with riot shields. You might as well make Hostage Sits FRP with all this ridiculous changes.

Edit:

Negotiator is generally the first person to breach to Negotiate

2 Likes

Not realistic whatsoever.

4 Likes

Still makes no sense, so LEO’s can pull shields out of nowhere during shootouts but not use them in Hostages??

3 Likes