Press Release #2439, 03/29/2019

Good morning, I’d like to briefly discuss my thoughts on the Firestone Bureau of Investigations. I, as of now, have no intention on bringing back the department. Despite what everyone claims the department can be, and blaming its previous problems on “bad leadership”, it’s been too problematic and I don’t believe a problematic department should return. It doesn’t matter who runs it, there will always be that one person who ruins it for the bunch. Although, to create a compromise on the matter, I have decided to have the Attorney General reopen the “State Investigations Office” under the Firestone Department of Justice. The State Investigations Office will fall directly under the supervision of the Governor, and the Attorney General. The tasks I would’ve normally delegated to the Firestone Bureau of Investigations, I have decided to delegate to the State Investigations Office. I would also like to express my disappointment in regards to watching Congress piggyback and dive onto the idea of bringing back the Firestone Bureau of Investigations, as soon as I announced it. Many of them did this without even consulting me, the person directly affected by the return of the department. I’m willing to debate on the return of the department below. Thank you, and have a good day.

Signed,
CanineEnforcement
Governor of the State of Firestone

2 Likes

is it federal bureau of investigations or firestone bureau of investigations. we aren’t federal thonk

2 Likes

i put firestone not federal. but if ur talking about the dept itself i didnt make it in the first place so /shrug

1 Like

i should start doing trump style tweets lol

3 Likes

@Congress you need consent from the Governor in order to even consider bringing back a department

1 Like

they dont require my consent but it’s more of a common courtesy thing.

1 Like

well you see
the fbi is a needed thing, corruption keeps rising and you’ve seen what people said in the poll.
me and Ronald are working with IO to make sure the bill does not overlap their duties and making sure the fbi doesn’t fuck up again

1 Like

Well, as the Governor just said, the re opening of SIO shall work to do the things that would have been delegated to the FBI. So that would be a bit pointless.

3 Likes

I strongly support the Governor’s decision here. I believe he made the right choice on how to deal with the corruption problem in Firestone. Keeping investigations in the JUSTICE Department is aleays a smart idea, and adding in the FBI just creates unnecessary bureaucracy and inefficiency to the system.

Signed,
Blastatack
Secretart of State | District Attorney

2 Likes

As the AG who started and maintained SIO, I feel this is a bad idea. SIO was always in conflict with the other intelligence agencies, a feat of which FBI only achieved when they wanted a team for some reason. Furthermore, it never really got anything. I can’t legally say much, but there was nothing but a few minor investigations because a department division isn’t equipped to handle that.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the same issue of conflicting with other agencies happen with the FBI, as we saw before? Many many many many many many times.

1 Like

SIO isn’t sanctioned by law so their power has limits.

3 Likes

Congress doesn’t need consent of the Governor to bring back a department. Read the constitution please, holy. And SIO won’t be a good idea.

1 Like

The rule issue is, will SIO conflict with CGOC because SIO now has to preform the duties of FBI.

2 Likes

no, the fbi bill me and Ronald are working on is a good one that’ll represent the fbi as a good thing, with requirements for a director that knows the law

1 Like

um wouldnt fbi conflict with cgoc then aswell?

1 Like

The thing is a whole triangle, Congress doesn’t want to get rid of CGOC so they don’t want to establish any type of agency that will conflict with CGOC. They do this so they don’t get investigated.

1 Like

I hope you know SIO is FBI but with a different name and it can still investigate outside of DOJ preeminence.

1 Like

SIO isn’t sanctioned by law so they only have the power that DoJ has

3 Likes

You guys make it seem like jurisdiction is a black and white subject. IRL intelligence agencies share similar jurisdictions. Each of them have broad jurisdictions which allows them to not only focus on their priorities but to work with other agencies as permitted by law. I am fine with the FBI having a broad jurisdiction as long as they set their priority on combating corruption and can communicate with other intelligence agencies.

3 Likes