Power To The Municipals And County. A Petition

I completely disagree.
That statement means you are out of the loop, the county has been ensuring that our county departments are running well, and other things. We may not really communicate much directly, but we do have a discord. If you wish to join, you may in order to receive updates from the county government.

Additionally, our municipals have discords linked in the county discord.
I am always open to suggestions.

However, I blame the lack of communication due to the lack of state co-operation between the county and state. The state executive branch seems to not take any considerations from our county departments when conducting actions relating to them. But rather, just immideately issues an EO or repeals an EO without regards to their department.

For example, SCFD did not want FFA to come back, but canine proceeded with it anyways.
The county government wanted a little bit more freedom, canine did not support our amendment that would prevent him from firing county officials.

Lets just also remember the time when canine ordered SWAT to go ā€œundercoverā€ and completely disregard department policiesā€¦

1 Like

Revised Petition.

Instead of having municipals having their own commerce, the following would happen:

State commerce would approve businesses, and would regulate businesses, while the city would grant land (or not grant land) for that business

Example: State would approve rogreens, city would grant land for rogreens.

credit @R_udy

1 Like

I agree with Ken. Commerce doesnā€™t even have much to do, and now you wanna split the small amount of work we have? Municipal commerces are absolutely unnecessary.

2 Likes

@AlbusSkywalker @KensterVids petiton updated. Municipals wont be given a commerce with the revision.

1 Like

Open carry for municipal governments no good, last thing we need is another Arborfield militia

1 Like

But the Municipal Governments should have some say in businesses being placed WITHIN THEIR CITIES.

As a Mayor, why shouldnā€™t I have a say in what goes on within my city? Why should the state have ALL authority over this?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I said in DMā€™sā€¦ I think you got something else out of what I said,

1 Like

I can assure you there will not be a budget without the implementation of taxes.

1 Like

Second Revision

After some consideration I have decided this petition will not support allowing cities to manage open carry law, however cities can still manage brandishing(having a weapon in their person. if thats even a thing in v3 such as for example the mayflower version of brandishing where guns are on peoples backs and legs.) aswell as other gun laws except those also restricted to city, listed in the thread above
1 Like

Iā€™m actually gonna be pretty pro lower government for once, so letā€™s get through the fun parts.

Ultimately, the lower governments getting more power is inevitable, and I realize I will have little chance to stop it. But all these plans entailed here are so damn chaotic. You have to realize we have one game, one entity that is the physical land of the state.It has one county, and three incorporated cities. Thatā€™s five jurisdictions in a game that you can do a lap in in maybe five to ten minutes. We have too many jurisdictions to employ federalism properly here. Even if we made a legal code with all laws passed by all jurisdictions, it would be tens, maybe hundreds of pages long detailing offenses (likely overlapping), definitions (likely overlapping), punishments (overlapping), etc. I mean shit, our LEOs canā€™t read the Bill of Rights this will overwhelm them to an awful level. **What i advise is if we do this, either abolish the County Gov and have independent-ish cities, or abolish the cities and have a more empowered County. Because guys, this will be hell on Earth.

Firearms:
As weā€™ve seen in the United States, allowing each lower jurisdiction to regulate firearms has been disastrous; in places with the strictest gun laws in the country, school shooting and other active shooter scenarios still occur at a rate about average to the rest of the nation. Why? Because they can just go to another state/county over with laxer laws and come on back before anyone can stop them. For something this important, we need a uniform, high body-the state. The state regulating firearms allows for a uniform, controlled system that prevents abuse. Also, the board the controls all aspects of licences and regulation of firearms is a state entity. As a member of the FFC, I can say our current system is fantastic. In my months on it, Iā€™ve seen maybe 20 total licenses revoked. Thatā€™s out of hundreds upon hundreds of licenses in the two years or so the FFC has existed. To change this system that has worked so well so long so drastically would increase crime to an impressive level. There also becomes the issue of jurisdiction here too. If you step a centimeter out of arbor by accident while open carrying, or doing a similar offence, you can be punished and lose your license. Hell, it doesnā€™t matter what Arbor would say lol, the board could damn well say ā€œopen carry and we take your license.ā€ It just becomes a nightmare of districting and policing.

Commerce:
The DoCM already has so little things to do giving the lower governments an ounce of power regarding them might as well sign their death warrant.

Enforcement:
I am eager to see how PDP will work out. I feel we can use Promince as an experiment for municipal police. Courts become another issue though. Guys, seriously, it is impossible to find even half decent judges, letā€™s review why:

• They receive no extra pay, team, tools, etc.
  • The tech they do have breaks so god damn often. For half my time as a DCJ our database that added times and removed records didnā€™t even work.
  • Because very little people here have the cultural respect and understanding for authority, as well as the life experience to mellow, they believe anyone who corrects them is an assailant out to personally attack them, no matter how incorrect they are. So the courts just get shit upon shit upon shit upon shit no matter how right they are. Itā€™s a very grueling job.
  • They canā€™t have a primary job as a judges really canā€™t be involved in major departments for fear of bias and corruption.
  • Being a judge requires a lot on knowledge, comprehension, logic, and personality types most people in the age pool that occupies our group donā€™t have, and a majority never will.
  • You lose a lot of freedoms (canā€™t speak in political matters, canā€™t publicize your vote, canā€™t get too involved in major events), they basically have to isolate themselves from the other sub-sects of our community, and most people canā€™t handle that.
  • I can go on.

Guys, thereā€™s a reason like 30 people out of the 1-2k active people here are lawyers. Furthermore, do you know how long itā€™s been since a person wanted to be a judge? There has been one mock trial in the last two or so months-not because no one could host it, not because the CCJ is inactive, because literally no one has wanted to, or was even competent enough to do a mock. Thatā€™s how bad it is. So to create four new courts, it would be pointless. No one could staff them. And without courts, thereā€™s no one to enforce the laws past an arrest, no one to check the other branches, etc. And the state is overwhelmed as it is; we have three DCJs with over 20 waiting record, civil, criminal, etc. cases floating around. Even if it made sense to have the state courts enforce and interpret laws of lower government, they physically donā€™t have the resources.

I also agree that the lower governments should handle traffic laws and petty offences, but the logistics of how this will all work must be figured out first.

2 Likes

V3 is still a year away or so, things will be thought of then. but letting municipal governments have their own commerce will kill us, better said by @DannyboyJurist, it will sign our death warrant

2 Likes

Ah, more like months awayā€¦ Iā€™m a v3 dev

July most likelyā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.