Poll on a new Courts Appeal System

Greetings, everyone.

As you may have known from us, the Courts are determining a new appeals system for the State, as we feel that citizens should have at least one more chance to appeal a verdict from the District Court before heading to the Supreme Court.

We have outlined two options so far.

1. Recreate the Appeals Court, which was abolished in September 2018.
  2. Let DCJs have the ability to handle appeals from other judges. For example if a person appeals a verdict from DCJ 1, DCJ 2 can take the appeal. This goes on for two tries before the case heads to the Supreme Court.

Which would you prefer?

• Appeals Court
  • DCJ Appellate System
  • Hell no, the court system right now is fine

0 voters

2 Likes

Discussion on this topic will also be appreciated.

2 Likes

I firmly believe the system we have now is adequate-many rl states (including my own) have no intermediate appellate court.

2 Likes

DCJ Appeals pls a whole new circuit is absolutely retarded

2 Likes

no

no no no no no

no.

2 Likes

can I appeal my 55 hours in DoC?

2 Likes

Depends

2 Likes

Can I appeal my FDM conviction

2 Likes

i’d like for it to be noted that our constitution still has several things about the appellate court, so it was never FULLY removed

3 Likes

Only if appeals judge is a secondary position. Otherwise itll fail.

2 Likes

which is good if you think about it

2 Likes

i mean if that’s the case, then district judgeships should also be secondary amirite
but they aren’t so

2 Likes

Poll will close tomorrow.

2 Likes

They should as well, but fedora will never let that happen.

2 Likes

My point exactly.

2 Likes

I honestly believe establishing a whole new court (far as I know, y’all are having issues finding competent people) is a bad decision. However, I think a DCJ Appellate system would be a great thing.

3 Likes

I agree with @Skyewatch_RBLX. However, I think the DCJ Appellate System would give the District Court double the amount of work.

2 Likes

Poll has been closed. Thank you to those who voted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes