Politician Entrence

Hey Firestone,

I am a State of Firestone Citizen, and I want to enter politics and just get involved in the government more than I was. I am currently POST certified, and do not hold any employment positions. Any tips on entering the Government?

3 Likes

from what I’ve seen, try attending congress sessions as much as you can to grasp around how it works in game, reading bills already created & passed, and if you’d like a more physical type of experience but at a lower level, you can try the county government

3 Likes

Hi! The way I entered was running for County Council. After running for council and winning, I went for House. Then you want to get your name out there, talk to people, make a stand. Once you’re done, go for higher positions like Speaker of the House, Speaker pro tempore, President pro tempore and maybe even Governor if you want to!

Signed,
OliverSteph
Speaker pro tempore

4 Likes

Get experience in departments first and foremost, make forum posts and be active in discord. Make yourself known. Get experience in the county government (municipal isnt a good place to start imho cause they hardly do anything) before going into the federal government.

2 Likes

Run for the county council… join a department and work your way up to mid level management…

Over time you will develop connections… then you use those connections to run for state congress then the governersship if you want…

3 Likes

The most important thing is to know people. I’d suggest getting involved with the community; look into and join departments and businesses.

Once you’ve made a few connections, try running for low level government positions like municipal or county. If you’re aiming for state, you’ll need to rally a large group to support you and to vote for you; which requires being popular with the community and having connections.

4 Likes

I’d say the most common method would be starting in some department, or group of individuals so you can get a base of supporters that may assist you by supporting your run. Support can be lost a lot quicker then it’s gained though so keep that in mind through your time in the community. Try to get a grasp of how people within the community think or act, and so fourth.

3 Likes

Another good way would be the city council too as it is much easier to get into and you can still make a change. It allows you to make simple bills to get the bill writing down for a higher level. I am currently Redwood City Council Chairman and I started in the redwood city council. I will almost always be open to help you if you run for Redwood City Council and my job as chair is to help the noobs at this point. But after some time as alderman, I ran for senate and that shows its a good place to start out as it gives you some experience.

2 Likes

easy
run for the house
get elected bc people don’t read
run for speaker your first term
get elected or accuse your fellow reps of corruption
then for some clout rewrite existing bills so they have your name on them
profit

4 Likes

I literally bs’d a speech on the spot and labeled it “elect dosk2 for senate” and it worked out. Don’t overthink it.

2 Likes

Please though make sure you atleast have a basic understanding of what congress does and what each of the two cambers do (yes they each have their own responsibilities apart from proposing and passing bills). Don’t be proposing bills to prevent FRP and shit like that because cough cough (not naming any names) someone ran with like what seemed like very little knowledge of FS and a plan like that. Speaking of, i’d also recommend going in with a plan for what you want to do.

2 Likes

Make yourself known

Or be a female from a Hotel Group that invites all the other females from that Hotel Group to vote for you because you wouldnt get them any other way.

But most of all dont be retarded.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes