Physical Training - Previously Banned, Now Back Again

“GIMMIE 50 JJ’S NOW!!” - It’s the stereotypical line you’d hear when speaking about FNG basic training. However, it isn’t just the armed forces of Firestone anymore with requirements to dwindle your fingers away; departments, such as FSP, are implementing the use of physical training (PT) as punishments (and presumably other things of the sort). This raises a debate; should PT be allowed?

Let’s bring the story back on my end to July 2018. I’d just gone through POST, and sure, there was emotional stress provided by the instructors, but PT wasn’t a factor; it’s usage was ultimately frowned upon due to it’s argument in futility. That was Class 34, and throughout my LEO career, I’ve never encountered PT, and I’ve performed just fine without it.

Now sure, one may say “Oh, but PT is used a punishment for trainees and employees who aren’t performing a task correctly, and keeps them in shape disciplinary wise.” However I’d disagree; once again, I’ve gone many, many months without PT, and discipline levels haven’t change much at all since it’s implementation. PT overall is just a waste of time that could be used for productive things; your ROBLOX character can’t get physically stronger, and it just dwindles away at your fingers, attempting to type how many JJ’s you’ve done or how many laps you’ve run.

Overall, I disagree with the fundamental concepts of PT; we should be encouraging building to ensure the best employees we can, and not forcing courses upon people of which are futile and could be used as a better resource of learning.

FNG is excluded I guess

(sorry for the bad formatting and possible grammar errors, this was written late-ish at night)

leave what you think below

4 Likes

Personally, and I only speak for myself, but im in FNG and I heavily disagree with PT. I never give it, theres no point.

I know a few others that agree as well.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since FSP implemented PT

2 Likes

Back when Arctic was here we did it

2 Likes

But is it still useful?

2 Likes

PT is not effective and should be (mostly) banned. Maybe for use in FNG but thats it.

3 Likes

The only thing PT has done for me is spelling my words right, but i still get it wrong

4 Likes

PT is pretty much useless and I don’t understand why FSP introduced it.

3 Likes

FNG has PT guidelines from some governor. I still feel PT is useless

5 Likes

PT is 10000% useless. The only possible things PT is useful is if you are looking to waste time, or to see if a person is dedicated. Other then that it’s the most useless thing ever.

6 Likes

50% of what everyone do in FS is useless lol

3 Likes

Obviously PT should be more used as a method of punishment than a method or perfom in real training. (PT could help you write and react faster in keyboard, but that does not make it 100% efficient) and it does not contribute much and generally it is not worth implementing it because it would only be a useless and unfavorable consumption of time.

2 Likes

This actually opens the door to a lot of questions regarding appropriate punishment.

In this setting, are suspensions really a punishment or just an excused break? In the real world, a suspension for an employee affects financial security and employability. In Firestone, however, suspensions are hardly kept up with and don’t drastically affect your amount of money (as Firestonians don’t have any obligatory taxes or bills).

If suspensions are not a solid form of punishment, what is? Demotions are an option for more severe offenses, but that still leaves dozens if not hundreds of employees that don’t have a rank to be demoted to. It is up to Department Heads to identify and utilize creative and effective punishments.

My solution? Training. Trainings are the ultimate disciplinary action for our setting. They:
- Force the employee to participate in an event they likely will not enjoy
- Teach the employee useful information (especially that of which is relevant to their punishment)
- Serve as a sort of embarrassment factor to ensure they do not violate such a policy again.

PT, though? That’s just annoying, and it doesn’t really benefit anyone involved.

7 Likes

But 24 hours in jail doesn’t teach anything but we still do it :joy:

2 Likes

I won’t go into too much detail because this is off-topic, but part of that punishment is to keep you away from the general population where you can reek havoc. Additionally, it is intended to serve as a crime-deterrent (which does work to some degree).

2 Likes

PT should be illegal

4 Likes

It’s kinda realistic for a military force to use PT as a punishment, as it is what they’re doing in real life

2 Likes

PT is basically keyboard gym, there’s no actual usage for it except for the trainers to either get some relaxation or to just shout at everyone

3 Likes

PT is useless for training and punishment. Aside from the fact making someone do 50 HJs for messing up doesn’t teach them anything, it just pisses them off lol. I remember seeing people get threatened with extremely moronic PT, like doing 50 laps around a training center baseplate. That’s just a constitutional violation right there.

6 Likes

when i was in post they used pt once they made us do 50 helljacks because someone didnt admit to pressing the distress call

2 Likes