Petition to reform or abolish the Firestone Bureau of Investigation

This petition is to the office of the Governor, and Attorney General of the State of Firestone. To either abolish or reform the Firestone Bureau of Investigation for the purpose of investigating public corruption.

The Firestone Bureau of Investigation was created with one important purpose in mind. That is, combatting public corruption within our own government. They have failed at that purpose, instead deciding to focus more on combatting organized crime and individual crime, including individual murder and hit and run investigations (something that DHS, SCSO, and FSP has already been assigned with). This has corrupted the main purpose of the department, which was to investigate and prevent public corruption. This has led the FBI to hire multiple people with no knowledge to law, politics or government, instead hiring persons who are only educated in police law enforcement, which the FBI was not created to provide.

This petition is to be sent to the desk of the Governor, and Attorney General of the State of Firestone, to reform or abolish the Firestone Bureau of Investigation, under the terms that if the department is,

A; reformed:
The Firestone Bureau of Investigation be limited to investigating public corruption only
The Firestone Bureau of Investigation be limited to a small number of agents, requests for more to only be approved by the Attorney General

B; abolished:
A department, or division of the Department of Justice be formed for the sole purpose of investigating public corruption

We also ask our State Legislature to look into amending this.

1 Like

I already started a petition to reform the FBI because I mainly think its the administration at fault for overstepping their powers, Even more so for Deputy Director Mark.

However the Abolish part doesn’t make scence for me as you state:

But yet FBI is a divison under the Justice Dept. and already with tasked at this.

However I support this petition

Rafael_Barb
Chief Public Defender

2 Likes

Buddy, it is in their establishment that they deal with “threats to the state,” aka organized crime.

1 Like

so like “disorderly conduct” on discord

1 Like

The Firestone Bureau of Investigation is an essential department with potential if it is ran under the right leadership.

6 Likes

giphy%20(1)

2 Likes

didnt someone try to do this. I don’t think it will ever happen

1 Like

No support.

You’re not a State Prosecutor nor a member of the Department of Justice, but if you were, you’d understand how needed the FBI actually is.

Abolishing the FBI is not a solution to its issues. Does the Bureau’s administration require reforms? Yes, it does, however it’d be unlogical to abolish the whole Bureau.

Reduced jurisdiction? Big no. Restricting the FBI to corruption investigations would be a waste of resources, the FBI is a useful tool to the DOJ, and we request their services and assistance on a daily basis.

With that said, the only thing that should be changed is the Bureau’s administration and attitude.

1 Like

There is no use in the Bureau investigating other forms of crime when corruption could already take up 100% of their time if they focused on if. Organized crime and terrorism is already focused on by DHS.

1 Like

I agree, then the department needs to be reformed. It does not play an essential role in investigating organized crime and terrorism, especially since they aren’t even armed.

Focusing them on only corruption allows corruption to actually be combatted, because as of now, corruption is one of the least of the department’s priorities, while instead focusing on small gangs and individual murder investigations. Either the department needs to be separated from professionals who investigate corruption, from law enforcement professionals who investigate other crimes, or the department needs to abandon investigating street crime all together. There are two groups in Firestone, the politics people, and the law enforcement people. Some are both. The FBI needs to realize which group is which, allowing people with knowledge in government and politics to investigate white collar crimes crimes, instead of having people who are merely former police and have no knowledge of white collar crimes or how they are enforced.

The FBI (irl) has many jobs, from desk, to field, to laboratory. Considering we already have DHS and other departments assigned to the field, I see no need for the FBI to be focusing the majority of their time on street crime.

1 Like

But that’s io’s job to investigate organised crime

1 Like

No one’s saying they should be focusing on organized crime. The FBI is needed on numerous DOJ Investigations, if the FBI’s jurisdiction is reduced back GOs, they can’t take part in most DOJ Investigations.

Reducing the FBI’s jurisdiction is just going to make the DOJ’s work harder.

As I have already stated on this thread, the Bureau itself needs changes in its administration, yes, but that doesn’t mean its purpose and existence should be threatened.

1 Like

It is also, by law, the FBIs.

1 Like

All the FBI needs is a reform of administration. Nothing more–nothing less. We sometimes overcomplicate things that are fine in their current state. If we could get the right Director in place, this department will be useful in many investigative affairs dealing with public officials.

1 Like

IO is doing a perfectly good job without FBI, really is no need in them investigating organised crime.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. If that were the case we would only need one law enforcement agency.

2 Likes

coming from a former fbi agent,
we do nothing.

1 Like

you weren’t even a AGENT good sir. Probationary don’t have access to anything we do.

1 Like
1 Like