Petition to allow people to represent themselves in criminal cases

You are, but everyone else isn’t

1 Like

So, 100%. I can not file a case and represent myself?

Unless it is a civil matter, no. Because if we let you do it, we have to let everyone do it.

Could you find me the law or constituion section & article where it states this?

It was an amendment, of which the Courts, current PPT, and DOJ can testify, but it appears it was lost during the transition to forums. But regardless it’s current policy by the DOJ and Judiciary, and it will not be changed anytime soon.

Can you find me where it states this? If it’s even possible. As you said it’s policy, so it must be written down somewhere.

I’m sure the DOJ has something. But basically this is just the way it’s done.

@NotoriousAmerican Whatever happened to that amendment?

Its better without it

So you enjoy seeing people get imprisoned because they don’t know what they’re doing? I mean, I do. But most find that unnecessary. Back before this policy, I gave a plaintiff eight hours in prison because, knowing fuck all, kept trying to say the same thing, that got objected and sustained.

Can one of you please just find me the doccument where it says this?

@TitanNation

Justice Department Recognition Act of 2017 @DannyboyJurist @pyrothan

Ey you found it

May I also add pyrothan co-sponsored it. http://prntscr.com/izy7np

Well that’s just hilarious

i regret that decicion

Tbh, I could see mandating Legal Advisors but not someone who actually represents them.

@TitanNation Constitutional Amendment is the miranda rights, You have the right to an attorney. You can’t force someone to exercise their right if they don’'t want to.

When the fuck does Miranda rights apply for whenever you are REPORTING a crime. A prosecutor takes over, also, Miranda rights are only used whenever someone is being arrested/questioned, so your argument is kind of irrelevant.

The Law doesn’t specify how the miranda rights are used. Example: a Victim exercises their right to remain silent or lawyer or something while reporting a crime.

The only thing specify is that Law Enforcement Officers are required to read them to question anyone.