Petition to allow people to represent themselves in criminal cases

This petition is to allow anyone who files a criminal case (the plaintiff), to represent themselves in their own case.

§ II: Purpose; A
"a) The Firestone Department of Justice shall be the only ones to prosecute in criminal cases, as stated in C.III.V. "

C.III.V: SECTION V.
All Citizens have the right to file for a court case, though any Judge can dismiss a case that does not provide valid evidence, is unjust, or is not a valid case for the Courts: no case with valid evidence for a crime committed can be dismissed.

Basically, right now if you were to file a criminal case, you would NOT be able to fight it yourself. Someone from the DoJ would take it over for you. Which I think shouldn’t be happening.

We should be able to fight our own cases without someone else, taking it over for us. Unless of course, you want that.

For example, if I were to get arrested for something then sue the arresting officer for false arrest, I would be able to fight this case myself without any interference from Department of Justice unless requested by me, the plaintiff.

If the DoJ prosecutor assigned to your case messes up or something, you can’t do much. You have to take nonguilty. You can take it to appeals, though, the same thing can happen.

Yet, doing this creates the argument people with no court experience at all will try to fight it themselves and severely mess up. If you are dumb enough to not have any experience in the courtroom at all and try to fight your case yourself, that is truly your fault. Although, you can request an attorney at any time. “You have the right to an attorney”, “If you can not afford one, one will be provided for you”.

Or, the Congress can change the false arrest offence to be civil (redefine it) so this wouldn’t be a criminal case, this would be a civil case meaning you can fight it yourself.

I hope I didn’t sound too stupid in this, don’t roast me too hard.

Reply with Support or Signed with or without your opinions on this topic.

-Pyrothan

2 Likes

No. Before this act came, all Court cases were was two hours of two people who know nothing bitching. Because the people who file cases normally no nothing of the law, constitution, procedure, or precedent. I remember numerous cases that I declared mistrial because I threw the plaintiff in jail for contempt. All this will do is turn our judiciary into fucking Doclands.

3 Likes

Then we shall have it so the Judge can request an attorney for the plaintiff or defendant at any time during the case if he/or she is lost and has no clue or keeps going around in cricles.

1 Like

We’ll run out of attorneys. Plus, that is biased as fuck. Finally, it will slow down the already pain in the ass process.

3 Likes

Well I’d rather be able to represent myself in my own case, wouldn’t you?

1 Like

No. And you and I are not like the other people in Firestone. There are about 25 active lawyers in FS, that’s 25 people who would in theory provide good cases.

3 Likes

In the real world, you won’t be pursuing criminal charges against someone, that would be the District Attorney’s job. You basically only make a complaint.

2 Likes

Then let me pursue my False Arrest charges in civil court against the officer.

1 Like

The legislature has to redefine its law

2 Likes

You can do that.

1 Like

No he can’t. It’s under a criminal bill

2 Likes

They need to fix that ASAP.

disregard

I think that if/when the County Courts are established, the county court should be tasked with dealing with civil/small claims within the judicial scope. If people wish to argue cases against one another, they may do it there, at the county level. For any criminal cases though, rarely, if ever, does the victim of the crime actually prosecute the case, as a crime, by definition is ‘an act against the public good.’ So when a crime is committed, it is addressed at the State level because a violation of state statute has occurred. No, it isn’t necessarily the most accurate, but we’re past the point of 100% dead accurate, since a majority of cases happen at the county level, by the county courts in which the offense occurred in, but in FS the state courts do that, and to have the county courts do the same would be a bit redundant, so give county courts the task of small claims/civil cases where people who wish to sue one another may do so without interference from the state, and if the district attorney should choose to they may oversee or whatever. The district attorney and county court both are kind of a grey area right now as far as what they do. That’s my opinion on it, I’m open to feedback.

1 Like

The County Courts can handle traffic and the enforcement of their laws. As most civil cases regard the state constitution or state employees, where the County has no jurisdiction.

1 Like

The state could authorize jurisdiction.

1 Like

The County can fire State Troopers, DHS Agents, Corrections Officers, and Guardsmen? The County can interpret the Constitution? That’d be an interesting jurisdiction, hell, why not just abolish the State Courts.

3 Likes

Legally, the state could delegate the jurisdiction to the county. The goal is not to give the county overwhelming power and authority, but let’s be honest…the county courts wouldn’t have much of anything else to do, as most to everything is charged by state statute. The state courts have enough to do as it is, so why not utilize a second court that could deal with some of the lesser matters?

1 Like

Because they cannot and should not handle state matters

1 Like

Okay.

1 Like