Patient Abandonment Poll

The man is a senator who was dmed about an issue and as a senator he took the step to ask the public about the idea. He didn’t mention his opinion or anything. If anything he should be credited for asking the public about the idea while he himself is being neutral.

I personally support what @fbiagentabc and @FoxyTheWereFox said. I have seen patients that just trolls and give paramedics and firefighters a hard time.

Paramedic: -checks pulses- (60-100 is normal)
Civilian: (999)

5 Likes

ive said it before and I’ll say it again

if you have a legitimate complaint regarding a medical practitioner, my DMs are always open or you can contact us in the doh discord so we can do a proper investigation.

congress has no business making healthcare related laws without the consultation our states medical professionals, lengthy discussions, and possible alternate options. the state medical board votes on every healthcare law before we allow the authoring Congress member to propose the bill.

4 Likes

Ya brah bro is being lit up for holding a normal poll, then people have full blown seizures when they aren’t asked. Why would anyone want to gauge the public if the result is just being told you are an idiot or sped for asking or you are being a bad congressperson

4 Likes

My entire campaign was based on making the ones that went unheard or afraid to say anything, actually heard. That’s the reason for the poll. To see if anyone else has experienced it.
All I will say is there is a reason why it has gone unreported.

6 Likes

It’s roblox god damn

2 Likes

Make a law throwing my food aways a crime

Make a law sleeping in the street is illegal

Hell make everything illegal

2 Likes

Ems In firestone goes like this:

You pull up to a patient who has no idea how to rp and you either just transport or end rp

You have a patient who makes a completely unrealistic rp and you try to go along with it and then they report you for “malpractice”

And last but not least is the ones where you get the medical sweats from other communities who target scfd and doh personnel to be on the top of their game and any TINY mistake they make they get reported for it

Very rarely do we actually get good medical scenarios where we can just do our own thing and actually be able to have things flow smoothly, it’s annoying how the ems community in firestone has to be this way and this is a prime example why nobody want to join the fire/ems side of things.

8 Likes

Dude you’re acting as koa already made the bill and proposed it to Congress. The man literally just made a poll post asking everyone opinion. Which is basically his job as congress.

4 Likes

ONCE AGAIN CROOKED CONGRESS IS SCREWING UP AGAIN… SAD!

OUR TREMENDOUS MEN AND WOMEN IN UNIFORM FIGHTING FIRES AND SAVING LIVES MUST NOT BE OPPRESSED BY INEXPERIENCED POLITICIANS… SAD!!!

6 Likes

Alright, let me start this with some stuff that is going to get me attacked on the forums here.

Yes, this should be a made a crime. Yes, there should be two different charges.

This is coming from someone who has been called to testify in a Medical Neglect and Abandonment court against a Northern California Ambulance. The ambulance was called in by the state, for multiple reports from multiple fire and law enforcement agencies for them leaving patients with no refusal paperwork, starting IV’s, giving meds, etc. Just because they did not want to go to the primary receiving hospital which (In our case) Further from the scene than a hospital that was better equipped. Mind you, our protocol is written for the closest appropriate receiving facility.

Back to this subject, it does need to be a crime, with certain things to take place for it to be a crime. First, it needs to be documented. Secondly, the person accusing is not a known troller or nuisance within the community (Can be determined by the Courts). And lastly, it needs to accure willingly. By willingly, I am defining it as not a Multi Patient Scenario and that the person who committed the abandonment did the act knowingly, and with regard to the situation. Abandonment should be also considered with a downgrade of care (Paramedic handing care to a EMT-B).

Should a provider be witnessed committing patient abandonment, they should be subject to arrest by a law enforcement officer for a misdemeanor. Immediately following, the provider should be placed on administrative leave until a court verdict is reached. During court, the court should call an “Expert Witness” to the stand that is equal to the level of care that the subject was. This witness can not be a provider directly correlated with the subject, nor member of department command (FFA Instructor +, SCFD Lieutenant +, SCFD PIC +, DOH Supervisor +) to prevent a risk of bias or retaliation. This court should be a jury trial mind you. If the patient ends up deceased or with sever bodily harm following the abandonment that could have been prevented, the charge should be upgraded to felony.

Should the person be convicted by the court, the certification should be revoked and if a record seal is approved later the subject shall be required to disclose this information on a hiring application.

Doing it this way, allows a thorough investigation and prevents the risk of ill regard from supervisory agencies, as well allows agency heads to be tried if they commit such acts.

Misdemeanor should be non fatal and non grave bodily harm inducing. Felony should involve death and grave bodily harm/severe injury.

4 Likes

Yes they should definitely be arrested to make sure that is on their record rather than using a normal trial in the courts. You cant “upgrade” a charge to a felony after an arrest, it would be a court sentence with a new law that is a felony. If you wanna piss off 71% of the respondents at the time of writing this, this is a sure way to do so, and I have my doubts about it getting passed anywhere.

1 Like

You do realize, in the justice system your innocent until proven guilty right? If the charges are dismissed, its off the record.

Keyword SHOULD

1 Like

Look! SCFD saving someone!!

Woo SCFD!!!

4 Likes

heros!

4 Likes

4 Likes

not how it works here, you have to survive the court case and THEN prove the arrest was false.

1 Like

most of the time ems doesn’t abandon patients for no reason. usually they have valid reason and cause to do so

4 Likes

if the only reason you don’t want to report an abandonment issue to doh or ffa is because you’re scared me and cirt aren’t going to do anything u are drastically wrong

currently investigating my (now former) deputy director for it

2 Likes

Sometimes there’s a reason we don’t listen to people

6 Likes

is there a new challenge in congress on who can have the most retarded idea?

2 Likes