Patient Abandonment Poll

Recently, a few medical providers have been raising concerns to me regarding patient abandonment. Currently it’s only an FFA Oath Violation. This poll is solely to gather the publics viewpoint.

Should Patient Abandonment be made a crime?

• Yes it should be made a crime.
  • No it shouldn’t be made a crime.

0 voters

Should Patient Abandonment be a felony, misdemeanor, or 2 seperate charges depending on severity?

• Felony
  • Misdemeanor
  • 2 Separate Charges

0 voters

2 Likes

I mean I don’t blame EMS for not wanting to roleplay with some of the civilians that attempt med rp because they’re always shit but even then I feel they should just load and go or end rp on scene if they don’t want transport

7 Likes

i dont think it should be a felony, just like a class c misdemeanour
and like treated as jaywalking

1 Like

No. We have the freedom to not rp with trollers or other out of this world bullshit because there isn’t something like this. This takes away our freedom to do that.

If EMS does this to a legit patient, complain to DPS, FFA DOH whoever and it’ll get to the right person and their cert would get revoked if it’s legit.

Medical man out.

11 Likes

And if it was to become a law, trust me I’d put something in there to exempt EMS from that type of scene, I’m more of saying the legit ones. People have lost faith in DOH and the supervisory board and I don’t really blame them. I don’t plan on taking the freedom of y’all like that.

2 Likes

Yea I get that and as I just stated, if a law was to be created, there would be something to protect EMS against that. I try to respond to all medical calls, usually its someone actually RPing. I’m talking about like actual abandonment, like leaving your patient because you solely don’t agree with the way their RPing while other medics are tending to the patient.

1 Like

I think the current system is best, if it becomes a law then it should be restricted so that cops on patrol can’t arrest someone for it, it should have to be investigated by someone with a cert. I think medical malpractise is already a crime, but most cops wouldn’t know how to enforce it unless they have EMS certs.

4 Likes

hi, big health man here

this idea is really dumb, let FDOH do our jobs

thank you

7 Likes

this is the prime example about why no one wants to become a medic in firestone bro

all these people going for their positions and one fuck up and you’re gone

what is wrong with how it is currently, no one has reported anything to ffa so I’m not going to act on it

9 Likes

This will just be another avenue for criminals to get a charge on another employee by annoying the hell out of them.

9 Likes

Tell people to report shit to FFA

Like crosslay said there’s only ever been one report to FFA, and in my time while I was there there wasn’t a single report. The system works, people just aren’t using it

10 Likes

Let me lay down some facts for you.

• EMS’ primary job is to stabilize patients for transport to an emergency care facility, i.e. a hospital or an urgent care. Very rarely in my time in the SCFD, or actually never, have I seen anyone abandon patients.
  • We are not allowed to just ignore calls unless the patient is obviously trolling, or does not want to roleplay treatment, hence why you may have seen SCFD ask if someone is willing to roleplay if someone has their arm or leg broken.
  • Many people do not have knowledge of how medical calls/medical anything works at all. So at times it can be frustrating to roleplay, but we still have to treat them to the best of our ability.

If you would be so kind as to provide me with some evidence of SCFD abandoning patients, I’d love to see it. I can handle that in about 2 minutes with strikes. There’s no reason for this to be made a crime. Like what Crosslay said, nobody has reported it to FFA, or even SCFD.and DOH. You don’t need to go making polls to make something like this that happens basically 0% of the time, also like Crosslay said, one fuck up and you’re done. Making this against the law is completely redundant and not necessary

-SCFD Field Operations Captain

9 Likes

im pretty sure medical providers arent abandoning their patients and these reports are petty or incorrect

like idk man maybe if ppl were actually concerned about patient abandonments thered be reports to scfd and ffa ???

7 Likes

ya I see criminals abusing this and tying up people who are the least intrusive to their lifestyle - medics with bullshit criminal cases.

5 Likes

i would rather the ems abandon me then my dad again

7 Likes

example #9834 of congress getting involved in something they don’t need to be

5 Likes

what da hell, out of all problems, you choose to focus on non-existent abandonment of patients. what da hell, who cares or gives two craps if a paramedic doesn’t want to treat a patient who doesn’t know what they are even saying or is trolling. its hella annoying and they try their best to make somewhat of a rp out of the chaos, and then you want to make it a crime??? this is honestly such a useless poll, waste of time, should be spent on something else more important like traffic laws or some shiet. very not slay.
-former representative, paramedic, and 9nth med bobjacksoffmen. <3

3 Likes

Why change something that works and doesn’t need changing?

1 word - pointless

~ senior firefighter jackfrojpg

4 Likes

ive been a medical provider in this state for 3 years, starting on my 4th. i’ve seen one case of patient abandonment, that person lost their medical certification and job the next day.

this is a nonissue and has always been a nonissue because when things are actually reported to the proper channels, they get dealt with faster than any court or dps investigator could

12 Likes

this tbh

1 Like