OVG for County Executive

NO SUPPORT

VOTE ASH OR PATCHY (PREFERABLY PATCHY) TODAY

FEDERALISED SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT, NOT A UNITARY SYSTEM.

2 Likes

support.

best campaign promise ever made

2 Likes

They operate normally. They dont go under state level. They stay in limbo land (where they are now, because the state has still abolished the county government and never undone it. anything the county does can and should be challenged in court) until Congress chooses to fix this problem they’ve consistantly neglected.

2 Likes

The County Executive does not and should not have the power to designate what is a state department and what isn’t one.

2 Likes

how realistic would it be to have a SCSO and SCFD but no county? I bet fed is going to shoot this down anyway gl

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

Support.

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

SUPPORT, DOWN WITH COUNTY GOVERNMENT!

Signed

2 Likes

suPPORT

2 Likes

OMG STOP SUPPORTING

KEEP COUNTY

2 Likes

no support

3 Likes

no support

3 Likes

Support you big sexy lemon head. Althought I’d love to support my mans OVG, I kinda dont agree with abolish the county Government.

No support, sorry Mr lemon

6 Likes

The County Government has been abolished over five times, SCSO/SCFD appointments going to the state. Fed had no objections.

2 Likes

Sorry, OVG. Although you are a good person, in this case this would not be the job for you.
Sorry but,
No Support.

3 Likes

A rework of the state system that has never and will never come (because we keep electing the same people to CE who make little to no good progress lobbying congress to help them) would take way to much effort.

Think of it this way:
If you’re in a position with power, and said position has had this power for 2 years, do you want to:

• Spend hours rewriting most of our criminal and regulatory laws to fit a new federalized government
  • Spend hours amending the Constitution to fit a new federalized government
  • Willingly give away power to a government that has proved not be the best (to be modest) in terms of lawmaking

The means does not justify the end. We’d be wasting Congressional resources having to go through every law and rewrite it. We’ve all seen stupid shit the County Government has done (and by that extension, municipal governments), time and time again. We can never get the right people in these positions.

For two years we’ve had this issue. We should solve it now.

4 Likes
1 Like

Its the fault of the government for not supporting a federalized government from the beggining. The only reason why county and city governments are not the best right now is because they have no power, if they were given power more people would be in it and they would be more supported, both by the people and would have better elected officials and additionally, would have municipal courts and each branch of the municipal government can check and balance itself, same for the county governments. There would also be more elected officials, additionally since more people would be running, popular sovereignty would actually be a thing for municipal elections, as more than 3 mayors would be running for office, and people would not just get a office seat “for free”

If a gutting of laws and many amendments is necessary to fix the mistake that the state has committed from the beginning, then we should do so. This state was meant to be a federalized government but the government failed by having the state create all the laws, and not helping municipal townships and county regions.

Additionally, if you are making a unitary government, it would not make sense to have a SCSO or municipal police departments (i.e PDP) so those departments would be removed, as theres no such thing as a federalism anymore.

It wouldn’t make sense to have the state manage municipal and county departments as unitary governments rarely have municipal and county police departments. For example, in real life, most unitary governments have national police departments that are centralized in each region of the country.

Basically, that would mean for firestone, a statewide police department, a statewide fire department, etc. NO COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL.

Additionally, having municipal governments and county governments might be good for business creation. As municipalities and counties can be given the job to approve or deny the business that want to be in their city. It would also be nice if there could be a developer that allows the creation of businesses in a city whenever the city requests for a building request.

2 Likes

You missed my entire point.

To reiterate: The reason the Firestone government hasn’t done this is because;

1. We keep electing the same people to CE who fail to properly lobby congress to actually bring change to the system. And when was the last time they’ve done something major that was good in terms of county legislation?

2. No person is willingly going to give up a big chunk of their power, especially not to a weak government that has failed several times.

No congressperson will ever be like “Less power for me? Great!”. They’re all going to cling onto their power because that’s the only important thing. Plus, to give up that power requires immense legislative work which nobody wants to do, trust me.

We don’t have enough people who are both conmpetent and willing to be in government. We have a solid Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branch. With that, we’ve already used up 90% of our competent people who want to be in government. There is no way, even if we make it secondary, that we fill up municipal courts, county courts, municipal legislators, county legislators, municipal executive branch, and county executive branch, as you’ve proposed. We just don’t have enough people interested in government for that to happen, let alone enough competent people.

While it would be weird for there to be a SCSO and SCFD with no Stapleton County Government, that’s already the case. We’ve never undone our abolishment of the county government, so it’s currently operating illegally. My goal is to stop an illegal institution, that’s that.

3 Likes