Our Officers Are Idiotically Trained (Read Why)

Greetings to all, my name is DevMartavis. Most of you don’t know me but I am a former congressmen x4. As of now, I hold the position of Public Defender and it hurts to see that LEOs don’t know the law. Many officers are enforcing law they don’t know, and they aren’t being trained properly. Here is evidence: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/456455276686475264/569254115054583820/unknown.png

The screenshot above is showing you a POST Instructor, basically telling the cadets that if they are found in violation of a law and are being prosecuted for such violation then their only option is to run to DPS defenders. Quite unbelievable but the evidence speaks for itself. The question is, “Why enforce law you don’t know”. This is why we are constantly seeing and talking about officers that can’t execute proper duties. Our officers don’t know the law, they aren’t being taught the law, and they don’t know how to defend themselves if found in legal trouble. Who do we look at now? Hold on to your seats POST administration but I think it’s that curriculum of yours. These officers need a bigger understanding of law instead of “how to be a cop”, these cadets need a tier just dedicated to the basics of law and the understanding of the bill of rights. Please, DOJ can work with the POST administration to figure something out because the amount of ignorant officers in the county is outrageous. Remember the question I stated earlier. “How can you enforce law without knowing the law”

My name is DevMartavis and I approve of this message.

5 Likes

officers irl get sued

1 Like

there is a whole tier dedicated to that pretty sure

2 Likes

wait
I thought cadets can’t leak notes?

1 Like

no one actually classified the notes “officially” .

1 Like
1 Like

for a short time there was an actual like law tier thing where instructors would read parts of the BOR and Const.

1 Like

wait what??? You know officers get sued for bullshit reasons right?

1 Like

FYI; There are no DPS Defenders, That was removed when @Ftlicious came into the Secretary position (pls bring back)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is cause of your ignorance but there is an entire POST tier dedicated to teaching cadets the law and there is also this: A Bill to Prepare Employees. I also hope you know that most LEOs get sued by people for bullshit reasons.

1 Like

Damn, gotta reset the “Number of days since DevMartavis said something ignorant about POST” board back to 0 – was at a record high.

Anyways, we added a tier about the law over a month ago. A shame you can’t take the time to ask if we have one. Oh, and yes, this tier was developed by the DOJ and the material you showed was created by the DOJ. It also never says that is your only option… you forgot that it mentions the DOJ.

3 Likes

What was the real record?

1 Like

leaking POST notes blacklist blacklist

1 Like

officers have a surprising amount of immunity when it comes to their duties
course this is under US precedent that im going off of but thats pretty much how FS operates these days

see Will v. Michigan Dept. of State Police , 491 U.S. 58 (1989)

they act on behalf of the government, in their name, a deputy acts in the name of the sheriff through their special confidence and trust in the deputy to assist in the execution of the sheriff’s duties. of course there are times when this immunity is statutorily waived, as in this case. but you cannot sue the individual for damages, rather the office they act under.

a trooper is merely a “deputy” of the superintendent and so on and so on

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1 Like