Opinions on Municipal Governments?

I’m not saying I support ANY insurgency or uprising against the Firestone government. But what I am saying is at least they’re doing SOMETHING cool. In fact, I 100% CONDEMN prominence city council for its ABHORRENT actions trying to CRUSH the democracy we hold so DEAR. idk what they did but tbh if its not too illegal then idk kinda cool ig at least they’re making some noise :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Absolutely after he got canned from CE he came back with an exploit that tracked everything in v2 and posted it on a discord server… what cars were out (who spawned em), where everyone was, all the logs from every radio channel, plus a lot more…

5 Likes

4 Likes

We weren’t doing anything illegal, just having fun and living life

2 Likes

threatening an insurgency is illegal

3 Likes

I mean, speed limits are controlled by the state. There aren’t any services they are in control of. Tbh, I don’t know what they could make laws about.

4 Likes

how great of a sheriff I am

3 Likes

Speed limits are practically created by the developers, municipal speed limits are something inherent to the municipalities. What do you mean?

6 Likes

But that’s county

3 Likes

Well you just said it. The developers determine the speed limit. They can’t really change it or anything like that. Additionally, it’s part of the traffic code so it can actually he enforced. I don’t try to be mean here but everyone enforces state law, some people enforce county law, but it’s super limited on who enforces municipal law since people honestly don’t know what laws apply. You won’t see a cop try to drag out a traffic stop by going on a 10 minute hunt to find a municipal law just to find that the municipality changed Trellos recently and nothing is valid on the Trello that is linked. Lastly, I’m unsure how legal municipal laws are tbh.

C.V.VIII states, …“and no state entity shall be responsible for enforcing any ordinance of an inferior government unless outlined by state law.” I interpret that as, you aren’t allowed to enforce municipal laws, unless granted by the state. The reason I say that is because there isn’t a constitutional amendment that says “hey, this is how counties are established” instead it’s C.I.III “Congress shall have legislative jurisdiction over the entire State of Firestone and its subordinate entities, including counties and municipalities.”. Again, this amendment talks about how congress can override action from the counties, but it doesn’t say anything about what powers the county can possess and how they are established. If anything, C.I.I is clear in saying, “All legislative powers granted herein shall be vested in a Congress of the State of Firestone, the sole state legislature.”. Which I interpret it as saying, there shall be only one sole legislature that creates laws in the State of Firestone and that is Congress. And if that isn’t enough evidence, A Bill to Save the Stapleton County Government which establishes the County doesn’t even give it power to establish municipalities. In fact, there is no state law that even talks about municipalities.

But hey, that’s how I interpret it. Myself and @1superchris2 drafted up a county amendment for the constitution on how everything is to be regulated, including municipalities, but I guess it got lost somewhere. :man_shrugging: .

2 Likes

Well I obviously won’t comment on your other things but back to the point, municipalities are somewhat useful if they create speed limits relevant to their jurisdiction (like parking lot speed limits) and tbh they could do quite a bit more relevant to their specific jurisdiction if businesses require laws or there are specific problem areas in their city. The County on the other hand has no reason to do anything because they are not location-specific, they encompass everything just like State law does so there’s no reason to create county laws whatsoever.

3 Likes

HYPOTHETICALLY

An insurgency in Firestone would be pretty neat

(FROM A LEO PERSPECTIVE!!!)

Low key though, all the other states get coups and rebellions and shit when we gonna get some of that HYPOTHETICALLY

2 Likes

fr like a local government rising up against state gov’t would be badass. NOT SUPPORTING THEM AT ALL! DOWN WITH THE PROMINENCE MUNICIPAL UPRISING!!! but it’d be kinda cool to see people take sides perhaps

3 Likes

Already tried and it failed

2 Likes

The National Guard will always persist to beat the rebellious municipal scum.

4 Likes

yes because they get free weapons :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

For experience. There apparently isn’t much to make laws on though, so what experience are city council people and mayors getting I have no idea.

What do you do as a municipal government worker???

3 Likes

You fill the position

3 Likes

to be fair as destructive as it was it was actually quite cool for the tracker

not his CE actions those were lame ngl

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.