Open Discussion on Open Carry

6th* my bad.

Still doesn’t detract from the main argument, congressperson.

1 Like

What if a citizen wanted to express their opinion on gun control, via displaying it out?

Currently a citizen can take their weapon out for no reason and be fined for such - but what if they said they were just expressing their opinion on the firearm? Its a loophole, as I see it, Sir.

1 Like

If someone wanted to express their opinion on a firearm, have gun-ok areas such as the shooting range/gunstore as regulated by the CFCT.

We could go back and forth that someone wants to express their opinion on gun control by displaying it out (aka by committing a crime), but that doesn’t change the fact that open carry is literally useless and it only accomplishes complications within potentially lethal scenarios. If someone actually wanted to carry a firearm in self defense, they would conceal it.

1 Like

Yes, we can go back and forth.

For instance, if you regulate where a citizen can express their opinion, that impedes on section 1 of the BoR.

That is why I foresee this material as in need of interpretation from the supreme court should this bill not pass.

1 Like

Everyone who voted yes has no basic understanding of… common sense.

People would take screenshots out of context

You’re supposed to use your firearm to defend yourself and others. It would be misusing your firearm to just have it out for no reason.

This is a safety hazard

It would cause confusion and potentially lead to false arrests.

You can pass a law that would make it legal, but that doesn’t mean we’ll stop suspending people for it. Any proposal will be meant with fierce opposition.

I would only support this if we implemented a holster, as that would be considered openly carrying. Brandishing (holding in hands) would still be banned

1 Like

All government regulation can be considered impeding on section 1 of the BoR with your state of mind.

• Speeding sir? I was just expressing my opinion on speed limits!
  • Evading police? I was just expressing my opinion on racial profiling!
  • Illegally convening? I was just expressing my opinion on peaceably assembling.

The point of Section 1. is to express opinions legally (aka not breaking a crime like openly carrying) without government interference. Not too mention that you being such a traditionalist failed to realize that Section 7 grants the government the right to regulate firearm usage.

2 Likes

That is most certainly not a loophole and violates FFC rules. Would result in a suspension.

1 Like

but… what is law? lmao im just playing.

though I see your point, the constitution is still the highest law of the land.

1 Like

The constitution is designed to be interpreted, it’s the baselines on how to govern, not the ten commandments. There’s a reason why the constitution is allowed to be amended.

1 Like

i want to walk around rw holding an ak

4 Likes

@Ronald_Reagan this is the only type of person this bill will benefit from i hope you realize. people standing around putting people on edge and police having to profile and stare

1 Like

yea i wanna make people uncomfortable

and look cool while doing it

3 Likes

I have no problem getting hate for doing my job. 80% of people want it. I’m sorry that your one of the 20%.

2 Likes

literally what does this have to do with anything.

i’m sorry your sample size is literally 10 fucking people and probably hasn’t read this chain

(also the POST director voiced his disagreement i think he has a pretty good point considering he’s law enforcement)

1 Like

im in doc (super cool i know) and former scso and fsp and #WeNeedOpenCarry2019!!!

1 Like

Open carry in real life isn’t the same as open carry in firestone. In real life, your gun is in the holster just visible. People would harass you for holding it up and walking down the streets.

Firestone doesn’t have holsters. Nobody knows what the fuck your plans are if you are holding it as if you’re aiming constantly. Oh, Secret Service might get a little toooooo tipsy about it.

7 Likes

yeah this is v2 not real life… maybe in v3 if we get an update to weapons with more features

2 Likes

if u hold shift then alt tab and alt tab back to the game it stays pointing down

1 Like

Still dumb.

1 Like

69% of 13 people think it’s ok to carry your gun down the street in your hand.

This is and will remain banned by the FFC.
Those who walk around causing chaos with their weapons will be arrested for inficting chaos.

This is a disaster idea.

3 Likes