“Your voice is one to be reckoned with.”

Table of Contents:

I. Introduction

II. About Me

III. My Aspirations

IV. My Experience

V. Conclusion

I. Introduction

It is the sad truth that most–not all–politicians in this day and age are motivated more by their own personal agenda rather than those who elected them. It’s actually quite funny, my favorite quote, one by Thomas Jefferson relates directly to this realistic outlook on democracy. During a speech to the citizens of the United States of America, this legendary politician noted: “A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49.” This has been the sad truth for far too long; it is about time that those elected to represent you stop representing their own majority interests. It is time for a change, people of Firestone, it is time your voice becomes one to be reckoned with. Without further ado, my candidature for the 2019 Firestone House of Representatives, a legislature where your opinions will be heard.

II. About Me

Salutations, I’m CaesarMaximian. For those of you that know your history, the Senātus Populusque Rōmānus (The Senate and People of Rome) was the birthplace of democracy. I enjoy the concept of representative government so much that I have even incorporated a part of it into my very own name, so that should tell you something about my ideals. Now, that’s good and all, but you may be wondering, “Why are you running for The House of Representatives?” Well, I think I can sum that up with quite a simple answer. When one of my fundamental beliefs, in this case, the idea of representative government, is violated, I strive to make a change. As I’ve previously stated, this democracy we live in is becoming less and less of a democracy every day as the politicians running it care less and less about those who voted them in. That’s exactly why I’m running: to make a change.

III. My Aspirations

Well, sure, I could say for about the 900th time that I want to represent the people more, but that would just be a waste of both of our time. Instead, let’s talk about what exactly I hope to represent the people in. First and foremost, I plan to amend the authority and duty of first responders in order to make a more clearly defined outline of their position’s responsibility. Secondly, I plan to discuss the incorporation of more legislation pertaining to the judicial system with the members it would effect in order to help their job run more smoothly. Finally, I plan to discuss wanted legislation with the heads of public sectors in hopes of increasing their overall productivity.

IV. My Experience

I’m a very involved student at my high school. Not only do I heavily participate in the statewide mock government but I also am committed to my highschool’s future attorney club. Both of these, among the other plethora of clubs I am involved with, give me a direct insight into how an actual democracy-based society should be run. The statewide mock government–dubbed ‘Youth and Government’ by the YMCA–directly follows the procedure and formatting a piece of legislation is passed among congress’s floor. Although I can not disclose the position I am in it, due to the public records the program has online, I can assure you that I partake in and have an overview of the process as a whole.

V. Conclusion

If you have taken the time out of your night (or day) to read this, I applaud you. It really takes a true upstanding citizen to give a full read-through of various election speeches. I hope you consider endorsing me to represent you in your state’s government. I look forward to your comments; always remember, your voice is one to be reckoned with.

Signed,

CaesarMaximian

2 Likes

Postscript:

Old ROBLOX account (NervaSPQR) has suffered termination.

2 Likes

I know that I’m a new voice, and frankly don’t really have a chance at the house, however; I urge you to show your support and give me the chance with your signature.

3 Likes

Give the man a chance, promising speech, support.

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

supportt

2 Likes

support.

2 Likes

support

2 Likes

Support!!!

colorful_parrots
Secretary

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

defamation!

2 Likes

2 Likes

10th supporter vibes…

support!

2 Likes

Thank you for the support.

2 Likes

support i like his speech :eyes:

2 Likes
    Can you please elaborate on this a little?
2 Likes

Well, for example, recently there was an announcement regarding the bank robbery charge; more clearly defined legislation can help fix issues like this.

3 Likes

Good sir! I believe you forgot to add the [GONE SEXUAL] tag to your post! That is required for all click baiting!

Jests aside, you get some support!

2 Likes

Hehe, I forgot the [IN THE HOOD] as well.

2 Likes