My Response to My Proposed Impeachment

You used the fact that I denied your motions in the evidence for my impeachment. It’s literally one of the only two pieces you used.

1 Like

It appears that way, however it was intended to make reference to the fact that you were unaware of the most up to date legislation. That is one of your duties, sir.

1 Like

An accusation of being “unaware of the most to up to date legislation” would not even stand up in a courtroom, why would it in a case of impeachment?

1 Like

And your duty is to know the constitution. Let’s not forget that you didn’t know that clearing another judges courtroom is a constitutional violation.

1 Like

can we get a vc debate between my mans marshall and lixio lol

3 Likes

doesn’t impeach mean too charge someone with wrong doing and not to remove someone from office

bc im pretty sure bill Clinton was impeached and he stayed in office http://prntscr.com/mobh1h

1 Like

the house accuses a person of a crime, the senate convicts.

1 Like

then they could stay in office right?

1 Like

No, if you’re impeached you do not stay in office, as you are charged and convicted of a high crime and thus, the line of succession comes in to replace you.

Bill Clinton’s situation, however, is a totally different story. Articles to impeach President Clinton were passed through the House of Representatives, however whenever it came to the Senate, it didn’t pass. The Senate failed to come to a 2/3 agreement on the impeachment, and therefor President Clinton was acquitted.

Bill Clinton was charged with perjury and obstruction of justice, however the vote to charge him with perjury did not pass the Senate. The vote to charge him with obstruction of justice, however, tied 50/50 and failed the Senate as well. (A tie vote of 50/50 is not a majority vote.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.