Move everything to google spreadsheets

its legit not hard you do copy board and send it to founders

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that, Trello does require you to pay for a lot of features, though the package is much nicer than trying to put together a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets can turn very inconsistent very quickly, while Trello formats it into cards, lists, and labels.

As I stated above, things can get really messy really fast. You have a few people who aren’t familiar with sheets adding in data, you have a lot of stuff flying all over the place. On top of this, moving all of the existing processes from Trello to sheets will take some education. It will take a lot of time and effort to develop new processes and educate users on how to properly store the data.

5 Likes

I agree with you here, backing up Trello boards is obnoxious and so much more messy than google sheet’s auto save. Although, I still argue that even though sheets may be better protected, Trello still has a much better interface that is easy to work with.

3 Likes

yes, but in the end it’ll be worth it; since there’ll be boosts in security and likely also boosts in productivity since spreadsheets, once you get the gist, are faster than trello cards.

spreadsheets also have things like conditional validation, and searching + filtering in a way that’s better than trello’s.

cards are easy and fun to organize with, but google sheets’ macros allow you to create “interfaces” which function like mini applications.

6 Likes

theres legit an application bot that u can add to a server and set up questions and stuff

3 Likes

Yeah, I just graduated POST, applied for SCSO and my app got deleted so, I had to re apply. But, I did save my answers in a different sheet.

3 Likes

i dont care if we use TRELLO BOARDS or spreadsheets… but TRELLO BOARDS have nicer formatting, organization etc.

3 Likes

for the types of applications many departments do (team approach), trello works perfectly. you can easily move cards and leave comments on each application. but let’s all band together and agree that if we can’t use trello, we would ALL prefer google sheets/forms to the system lord fed wants to implement (all in-game v3 application submission and grading).

3 Likes

For everyone saying “Trello has more functionality” and “Google Spreadsheets sucks” can we just remember that Google constantly backs up spreadsheet versions, with dates, and a breakdown of every change done?
You can easily revert if someone tried to fuck with it, and I’ve gotta be honest they can pretty similar functionality if you think about it. Create a single box of data, and have comments assigned on that card to give further information, makes it a lot easier to display all the information, and one could use text colours/highlighting to demonstrate different bits of info.
It also gives a better safeguard to access all of this, as Google usually recommends/forces users to have 2FA enabled, so if any passwords were stolen, we still have a solid safeguard in between them and the data, plus Google Spreadsheets don’t have a direct API to Roblox that we use, requiring the API Token and Key, which is just another bit of safety.

7 Likes

lmao sureeeeee. But what about all the times fucking rogues fuck up the boards? I’m sure you wouldn’t want to make a board from scratch no for your precious company no?

3 Likes

finally someone with a valid argument. amen brother.

3 Likes

r e d

3 Likes

no

postmustbemorethan5characters

3 Likes

it’ll be so hard to move and create new templates and stuff like that

3 Likes

the courts already have like everything on google spreadsheets

and have had that for like a year

cuz the courts r cool like that

smile

6 Likes

5 Likes

when fed has time to change the background but not remove the bot from the board

3 Likes

Red

3 Likes

lol Quest uses 8 boards right now. I wouldn’t want to switch to google sheets even if our boards were attacked, they’re just so much easier to use and great for teams.

3 Likes

did you atleast made fucking backups

3 Likes