Move everything to google spreadsheets

hello firestone!

i am chef cranky, and today we are discussing a big problem within firestone which is TRELLO BOARDS.

within the last 24 hours, a lot of damage has been done due to firestone using TRELLO BOARDS!

i suggest all departments to switch over to google spreadsheets, this will not only help with possible rogues but it will just decrease the possiblity of this happening again.

say your thoughts below, give anymore suggestions.

bye

6 Likes

yes do

3 Likes

no just no

6 Likes

more reasons not to use trello:

• people can permanently delete anything, there is now way to stop this and limited logging to know who has messed with stuff. on google sheets, everything is logged forever.

• trello removed the ‘Admin’ role from free teams (which kinda sucks for firestone where someone leaves every other week; admin role is basically owner, people can just take ownership of the entire team and all its boards)

• trello limits teams to 7 boards unless they pay up like $10 per user per team

• google sheets also has an API like trellos; so fed can do this majestic “in game system”

• google sheets has better permissions management than trello

• literally anything is better than trello

7 Likes

Trello has so much more functionality and it’s harder for a user to get used to how google sheets function. The negatives of moving to sheets far outweigh the positives of preventing potential issues. This is the first time the trello boards were damaged dramatically and are being quickly repaired.

5 Likes

why not google saves everything u can revert to a certain date way better then all this effort that had to be put in right now because someone breached the big

3 Likes

See, if it was a problem where someone was going rouge I could agree, however, the main reason wasn’t a rouge but some retard who gained access to FSBot just because they are butthurt from being banned from FS.

4 Likes

disagree many rogue have damaged other trellos before so it’s not the first time it happen

3 Likes

no!!!

3 Likes

well the only reason the attacks happened again was because the hacker clearly said i still have access to your boards and no action was taken

4 Likes

wasnt the first time and i dont believe its going to be the last time.

3 Likes

spreadsheets arent fun to use

5 Likes

Nope just no

3 Likes

And yet, we’re still functioning just fine. I believe the efficiency of work will be dramatically reduced since a lot of people likely don’t understand the functionality of sheets.

There’s not a one size fits all. If you wanna move to sheets, go for it. Don’t require everyone to switch and save if they aren’t comfortable doing so and are doing just fine as is.

3 Likes

trello has so much more functionality

most of the better features are paid, and firestone’s “system” is perfect for a spreadsheet

the negatives of moving to sheets outweigh the positives

what negatives of moving? the only legit posts on this topic are “here are reasons not to use trello”

we’re still functioning just fine

except we’re not because everyone freaked out since voting shit was (apparently) leaked, firearms licences, courts, applications, etc. were nuked.

there is literally no reason not to use sheets

5 Likes

legit its so hard to organize a spreadsheet if you aren’t experienced but trello its real easy to learn

3 Likes

another way to protect data lost that you give founders a backup every week

3 Likes

spreadsheets aren’t actually that hard, google sheets also has a box where you can type in basically any function and you’ll be able to do it from there, even if you don’t know which menu it’s under.

that works, but it’s not organized. trello teams are capped at 7 boards per team; it’s not easy to organize and manage backups of boards.

and also, prevention is better than cure.

4 Likes

The only reason the trello bot got compromised was because the account security was absolutely wank. That being said, switching to spreadsheets will definitely prevent something like this from happening again since this definitely won’t be the last time something like this happens in regards to firestone trellos.

5 Likes

literally anyone with trello access could permanently delete everything, and to top that, the logs wouldn’t actually say who it was; the entire history would be deleted with the card.

4 Likes