More Jobs for Public Works

This petition is to gain popularity, activity, and support for your Department of Public Works that are going unnoticed, and have nothing much to show as a department in Firestone.

As Ex-Secretary, I can assure you, I had resigned after 11 months in office with almost no work being completed. The Department of Public Works Development was supposed to start at the end of 2016, here we are, approaching the middle of 2018, and barely anything has progressed.

We have Garbage Trucks created. It’s been over a year. Have not been added.

I also believe that the sweepers should be removed.

Street Sweepers
-Annoying in Stapleton County V2
-Serve no actual purpose besides RP.
-Loud as hell.
-No-one that visits the game wants to listen to them, they’re buggy.

This is why DPW needs to remove sweepers.

My next topic, adding new divisions. Yes, the Department of Transportation may do maintenance in Colorado, but look at it this way; the majority of “City Public Works Services” operate the construction, and maintenance jobs in our real world.

DOT already has plenty of jobs, and has had a purpose/popularity since V1. Now, this doesn’t mean to remove jobs from DOT, this is just asking to do something for DoPW.

Construction Equipment
As the DOT/DPW development stream from Zethome showed all of the tools for DPW/DOT, why doesn’t DPW get the construction tools?

Mrfergie is an amazing developer, truly is. Why can’t he make a street roller? No loud volumes needed, and it would make a perfect edition to DPW.

The Founders and Developers of this great state are always complaining about activity within DoPW, but we don’t really have anything to do.

Loud sweepers are out, because no-one likes them, and they’re boring.

Garbage trucks would be amazing to use. (Yes, we’re waiting for the garbage system.)

Rollers would also be AMAZING. More RP that people will enjoy without excessive noise.

DPW NEEDS A NEW DIVISION, DOT IS FULL, AND WE NEED TO GET ACTIVE

This petition is to all of the DPW/DOT developers that will try to bribe Fed and Fergie to help DPW out.

We cannot die, and we will not die.

I served for 11 Months as Secretary, Ben has served as 7 months currently. Almost 18 months of the same administration within DPW, and nothing is getting done development-wise.

Signed,
Sp_encer
Ex-Secretary

24 Likes

support

2 Likes

allow me to remind you how to show support for development threads

4 Likes

No I shall not let you remind me.

2 Likes

There was a mistake.

“The Department of Public Works Development was supposed to start at the end of 2016, here we are, approaching the middle of 2018, and barely anything has progressed.”

Now has been fixed. Both dates previously stated 2018. Now it makes sense, and the date of 2016 is correct.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say remove the sweepers because they’re really unique and the first operational ones I’ve seen in a city/state game/group. If you were to touch the sweepers maybe lower the volume instead of taking the whole vehicle out entirely.

Garbage system would be nice but I hope we don’t have any issues like we do with the fire trucks / tow trucks although they’ll happen anyway with the garbage trucks (flinging)

Instead of a roller (this isn’t construction) what about a regular F150 like DoT has for state maintenance, but more for like riding around to pick up trash pieces (rp) with the trash sticks y’all have, which you can also use to ride to scenes and maintain the water tower in redwood, etc.

2 Likes

AKA everything in v2

sweepers irl are annoying too, we won’t be removing them

3 Likes

We just need some of the stuff we were promised. I’ve seen the trucks, and they look amazing. Just, please add them!

3 Likes

They wont be added. Things take time… Garbage system needs to be completed.

@mrfergie I didnt mean remove them, I was just stating that no-one likes them. And their use is to clean streets. Current DPW secretary doesnt like them either btw.

@fly10101 DPW should have an F150 regardless. Construction equipment would enhance roleplay. Garbage trucks I don’t think will fling. They’re not laggy, and are driveable on laggy pc’s. They handle well, and I don’t see a problem with them in game.

Even if we dont have rollers, maybe a jackhammer, some construction tools?

Electrician tools for RP? These are just ideas…

1 Like

I did say remove in my original post; unless the volume isnt heard all the way across the map, and maybe a little re-design? The truck cab should be for DOT and use the flat MACK for the DPW trucks.

1 Like

: D

im from the future, they are here!!

but can we pls get our pickup back :cry:

2 Likes

pls… theres been about 50 dpw posts this year about wanting more things…

3 Likes

this is the only thing that comes out of your mouth that i agree with

3 Likes

This is from over 2 years ago.

2 Likes

i sometimes mute my game because of DPW sweepers, they are BROKEN BOOMBOXES that HURT YOUR HEAD

6 Likes

lol i remember 2018 dpw when we thought we were getting boom trucks cuz some hicomm spread a rumor about it

4 Likes

Because thats what fed said we were going to get.

3 Likes