More Dynamic Fire/Smoke Physics

So quite a lot of people have probably seen my thread recently about why people don’t want to join scfd. Amongst other things, one thing that’s been brought up a few times is a lack of dev support in comparison with other departments. I personally think it would be cool if new fire physics were introduced. In v2 the fire mostly just hugs the outside of the building and spreads up and around, which is fairly cool anyway. I think it would be really epic if fire behaviour was more unpredictable, with things like flashovers and backdrafts if possible. It would also be cool to have thicker and darker smoke depending on what materials are burning. I know this would probably be difficult to script so it probably isn’t worth it for v2. I think firefighters would find the job a lot more entertaining if they were more challenged by fires doing things that may be unexpected. I’m aware that physicsy things will cause more lag, so maybe not fully realistic fire and smoke.

tldr; Would be nice in V3 if smoke could move a bit more dynamically instead of going straight up and fire behaviour was less predictable and could maybe cause flashovers or backdrafts and ignite stuff inside.

5 Likes

sounds laggy

3 Likes

thats v3 anyway what difference would it make cirt

1 Like

Sounds like an idea for V3.

4 Likes

Sounds like an idea for V3.

1 Like

tldr; Would be nice in V3 if smoke could move a bit more dynamically instead of going straight up

Asked about this and it is currently impossible to do in ROBLOX.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean some of what I said probably wouldn’t be possible within the bounds of the roblox physics and stuff but it would be cool for some experimentation to be done to see if any of it is feasible

1 Like