Making criminal punishments less extreme/more lax

Criminal Reform
  • Keep the same Punishments in Place
  • Reduce Jail time/Citation amounts

0 voters

Firestone has gotten to the point where most criminals have decided that they’re better off legal than doing crime. This is an issue because in order for V2 and eventually V3 to be fun we have to have an uneven distribution of criminals and LEOs (i.e. More criminals than LEOs) In the current state of V2 we do not have that for several reasons.

1. Being a criminal seems literal shit. As an outsider to criminal exploitation it literally looks like garbage, going up against LEOs who have unlimited weaponry, crazy high prices for buying illegal guns, lack of genuine RP available for criminals etc.

2. Some, not all, members of the community have tried to make Firestone a copy of the real world. This is simply idiotic and cannot and should not be done. One of the main ways I see this is criminals being toxic to LEOs or vice versa. As a LEO you should not be upset when a criminal robs a bank or runs from you, THATS THE POINT OF THE GAME. As a criminal you should not be upset when you get caught doing said crimes THATS THE POINT OF THE GAME.(more on the jail time in a second) Firestone has become overly divided, with many thinking of it as an “Us vs. Them” situation, LEOs going against crim, crim going against LEO. Thinking of V2 in this way will lead to more division and eventually more crims wanting to go legal in order to avoid it.
    Firestone needs to be treated as an artificial world that has been created by developers. Not how we treat the real world. In this artificial world, like I said before, we MUST have slightly more criminals than we do LEOs in order to make it fun and appealing for both sides.

3. This is an issue. I don’t care what you say but someone should NOT be able to cite someone over 1k for a crime they may have committed. That’s why this part will be calling on congress to balance out criminal punishment and quite frankly make the game more fun for them.
    To help those of you who are questioning that last paragraph let me give you a scenario:
    You’re a criminal in V2. You decide you want to rob a bank with some friends. Great! In the process of the robbery, you’re caught. Oh no :frowning: . But see your misfortune is just beginning. You’ll be stuck in jail for a maximum of 15 minutes. What can you do in jail? Oh not much just sit there and AFK it out. But wait theres more! If the arresting officer is feeling extra fun today they can cite you for an absurd amount, making it incredibly hard for you to do any other offenses in the future. You go to jail, decide to leave because you get bored, and never commit a crime in v2 again, causing less and less criminal activity.

Punishment in Firestone should not be aimed to make committing a crime such a terrible offense. Its sole purpose should be to add the layer of RP needed to simulate the real world. After all, this is a GAME.

In summary to improve RP in V2 and eventually V3 we need to do a couple of things
(Congress)Reduce jail time to bear minimums (5 minutes tops)
(Congress)Reduce citations to a $500 maximum
(LEOs/Criminals)Leave the ‘Us against them’ ideology behind, we’re all playing firestone for fun, regardless of our role.

tldr: Firestone RP sucks currently, and here’s how I think we can fix it.
Also the poll is there just for fun

mwb8265
DHS:CRT Agent
Concerned Citizen
Member of the Firestone Community

7 Likes

not an issue to me

4 Likes

ALSO LET ME JUST SAY ITS NOT ALL BAD

I’ve seen more LEO/Criminal cooperation in the past few months than I’ve ever seen before

new and improving firestone organized crime groups help fuel good rp on both sides

Efforts by the founders/co founders especially @anon54114525 to make RP situations have been phenomenal.

3 Likes

Why are people being arrested for the maximum possible time for evading LEOs nonviolently?

And why are people being cited while the 900 seconds w/o income already makes up for that?

I must say I of course did the same when I was a LEO ($1000 illegally obtaining thing) but I can now see the issues it causes. People used to get cited repeatedly for WARRANTS, imagine.

4 Likes

Exactly, I think the whole “Us vs. Them” thing is the root cause of that. LEOs are treating this as their actual job and doing everything in their power to shut down crims. Like I said before, Firestone is not the real world it NEEDS criminals.

3 Likes

this is a thing they have been doing once in a while and I personally love it. We did so many situations & RPs (except for an incident that occurred at gov. manor which ended within 2-3 minutes of starting)

we did things such as bank robberies which were semi-successful (some ended in a battle inside a home which was honestly so much fun), ATM robberies where we guarded the robber, store robbery operations, water escapes, etc.

3 Likes

I’m going to look into this on the congressional side (although jail time across the board will likely remain as is). I’d also suggest talking to FDOC to see if they could have COs do more than just AFK at the gate because ‘there arent two officers online’.

3 Likes

Look im going to keep it real, I know criminals rake in over 50k+ from banks sometimes. I’m not going to pretend they’re getting robbed because of 1000 dollar fines. The 8+ hours in jail was completely unreasonable and was temp banning people for playing. But at the end of the day I don’t see these fines as a problem especially considering what you can make once you complete these crimes.

4 Likes

Also the fines only apply to major criminal organizations recognized by the FBI/DHS, RICO happens pretty rarely and it is necessary for dealing with unstable/dangerous organizations.

4 Likes

i dont see a problem with citations, but 3 hours in jail is still 2 hours too long

2 Likes

I don’t think criminals are that bothered with the court-imposed sentences anymore. Biggest issue (for them) right now is the in-game jail times which is largely being ignored.

Eventually of course enough is enough and criminals have to pay, but some things must be discussed

3 Likes

Having a look into everything we can do as Congress, I don’t think there’s much other than reducing a few bad citations. We’re not going to reduce the jail time, but we would appreciate if FDOC made jail less… boring.

3 Likes

The only thing I see criminals complain about around me is the no-NLR thing, where you can die with 3k worth a guns on you and still get imprisoned for 900 seconds, or if you leave after dying in a shootout(which is not LTAA) LEOs will still pursue you if you join back less than 5 minutes later

3 Likes

we should simply make crime legal and close the jails

6 Likes

i agree. during my time as a LEO unless someone was being a total asshole or doing something that was game-breaking, i would give them the lowest amount of time or lowest citation possible. not saying everyone has to do that, but too many LEOs look for every little thing to rack on.

5 Likes

I will never leave the ‘us vs them’ behind. Any LEO caught associating with criminals will be dealt with.

Let me rephrase that a bit: any LEO caught even so much as being in the same discord sever used to plan criminal activity (without reporting such activity) will be arrested by me or someone else (at the min. they will be disciplined [I.e. fired] in their department).

Our laws are very clear on this - the law enforcement can not be intermingled with the unlawful conducting occurring or else the law enforcement its self becomes tainted.

This is not an RP group… we don’t go into v2 then party afterwords pretending nothing happened.

3 Likes

that’s crazy but it’s roblox and you’re dragging the absolute dog shit out of it. dial it back, mr. president.

8 Likes

not all of us make bank, you know.

3 Likes

I’m sure most of you make me then me, but I digress.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes