Make LEO’s invincible when they have someone cuffed

Pretty simple suggestion. Please make LEO’s unkillable while they have someone in cuffs.
Lately, there have been a lot of instances where LEO’s get killed by a suspect’s friend (some of them even ask for a supervisor to stall so their friend can come to kill the LEO). If you have someone in cuffs and you’re alone, you don’t really have any way to defend yourself, as you’ll be dead before you can even uncuff the suspect.
Obviously, you’d probably have to kind of regulate this so LEO’s don’t just cuff someone when getting shot at to avoid being killed.

2 Likes

part of the challenge is trying not to die while you arrest someone. this is pointless.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s a good idea, but it’s still RP if someone kills you while you have someone in cuffs. Say there’s a good friend of the suspect in custody that you don’t know about, there’s a good chance in real life and Roblox that that friend will try to rescue the suspect.

2 Likes

In real life, suspects get put into cars almost instantly and officers don’t have to cancel out of a menu and release their suspect to pull a gun. Yes, we can put suspects into cars but we usually don’t because you can’t arrest them that way.

1 Like

I think the better dev suggestion in this case would be to allow arrests in cars and to be able to put suspects in cars manually. A good idea, nonetheless. I can imagine it gets annoying when you get killed 20 times while trying to arrest a suspect.

2 Likes

Do you have any suggestions then? Only useful tools you have are a Glock, a shotgun, a taser, pepper spray and your cuffs. (Not saying we have crappy tools, just don’t want you to be like “well, you uncuff and shoot them with an automatic rifle”, because most LEO’s don’t have that and you’re probably going to die if you face off against an AK while you have someone cuffed.)

1 Like

Right now, I think the best route to go is being the suspect to a safe area out of sight to arrest them if there’s a threat since there’s nothing else we can do.

1 Like

what the hell kind of suggestion is this lmao.

1 Like

In V3, Fedora wants officers to drive the suspect to the station in order to arrest.

2 Likes

I know in V3 they’ll add a cuffing system where you can cuff multiple suspects separately and move them, but at least you can move when you’ve cuffed someone now.

2 Likes

unrealistic and contrary to the entire point of the risks associated with police work

3 Likes

when ur arresting someone why dont you just kinda

ask for some assistance so you don’t get merked

or or or better yet we just get devs to implement a grab system so we can put them in the back of our cars (then again, env is probably overworked with all the v2 updates he’s been pushing out)

5 Likes

You could just ask for assistance every time you arrest someone, that’s true yes. However, this would just waste a lot of time and usually there’s more important stuff going on.

1 Like

You know what’s also realistic and contrary to the entire point of the risks associated with police work? Cuffs with an arrest menu which makes it difficult to see what a person is saying (which is also very realistic of course, who hears others am I right? That’s just stupid.)
LEO’s irl don’t have to cancel out of a pop-up sightblocking menu to shoot back and until we also don’t have to, I think this is the best solution to this problem.

1 Like

if you want to be safe[r] while cuffing people, then yeah, the whole mayflower system of grab & go is way more safe. however, obviously, this whole thing with not turning into jesus while you’re cuffing someone is a gameplay mechanic. it’s a challenge for the leos. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. it’s like saying cop cars shouldn’t run out of fuel because you use them for pursuits, or cop guns should have infinite ammo because having to reload & restock opens cops up to getting shot. it’s part of the gameplay & part of the challenge of being a cop. if you don’t want to get shot, call someone to back you up. if nobody’s coming, then you better type fast. that’s as simple as that. there’s no need for a god mode while you cuff people just because you’re scared of getting shot. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Typing fast isn’t going to safe you if you have to wait for a supervisor because they requested one.

1 Like

"i am the superior" is always a classic

either way if you feel threatened & they ask for a superior then it’s either game over for you or you find a way to survive. it’s part of the challenge of arresting someone. going god mode is just plain stupid.

1 Like

You can always use the radio and youre not supposed to be handling a situation by yourself anyways. If said event happens, then it means the scene is unsafe so an arrest is not supposed to be made until its secure

1 Like

No need for that solution. V3 will have us drive a suspect to the station for booking and arrest from there.

1 Like

Well well well, would you look at that.

(Someone can close this now btw)

1 Like