Lord_Vader2112 for Prominence Council

Hi, my name is Lord_Vader, a new resident in Firestone hoping to begin my journey as a politican. To do that, I want to start by becoming a District Councilman because I believe that this is one of the best ways to be able to get to know the citizens I will be representing, and gain a trust between citizen and politician.

As you read through my speech, I want to breifly talk about my leadership experience:
I’m a former Ripperoni’s Pizzeria Supervisor
I’m a former British Columbia Sheriff’s Service Senior Deputy
I’m a former British Columbia Sheriff’s Service Senior FTO
I’m a current Mano County Sheriff’s Office Captain.

While I have no primary experience in Firestone, don’t let that stop you from voting me, because sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, and I can promise that if you take that leap of faith and vote me, it will be a choice you don’t regret.

To end my speech off, I want to give you an idea of Ordinances I plan to propose.

1. Business Protection Act:
    Gives businesses the right to deny entry to anybody they don’t want, unless there’s a warrant.
    Grants businesses protection from being vandalized
    And more
  2. Prominence Citizen Police Force
    Allows POST and civilian firearm certified citizens to be able to carry zipties and a handgun, as well as OC Spray to perform basic security duties, making it easier to prevent crime when SCSO or FSP isn’t available.

I plan to grow the ordinances I pass, should you vote me, however in order for this to work, I need your support, so support Vader and I will cater to the needs of Prominence!

3 Likes

why not deputize every citizen at this point

2 Likes
  1. Prominence Citizen Police Force
    Allows POST and civilian firearm certified citizens to be able to carry zipties and a handgun, as well as OC Spray to perform basic security duties, making it easier to prevent crime when SCSO or FSP isn’t available.

CFL owners can carry firearms. Also, there’s nothing stopping them from having zipties either. As for giving POST cert individual access to firearms, no… just… no…

1 Like

I never said we would give them, what I said was that if you were post certified, you could apply to carry zipties, OC Spray, and if you had a handgun, use it, as long as you are certified, but that is something you have to have already, and you from there just watch for small crimes to try and help.

2 Likes

The goal of this is to reduce crime in Prominence by putting more eyes on the street.

1 Like

And how does this apply to the government? MCSO captain isn’t leadership lol.

I think tats already a thing

No

1 Like

I listed my past leadership experience because I was hoping this could start my government experience in Firestone. Also, no, the Private Business Act was repealed, which I don’t think should’ve happened. I do however, appreciate your feedback!

2 Likes

yup, good luck tho

1 Like

Because I can’t edit, I’m going to change the second Ordinance plan to this:

Plan to Reduce Prominence Crime Rate:

Due to its location, Prominence is a frequent place for crime, more specifically robberies. I want to reduce this by creating a volunteer based security force to patrol the bank. To qualify, they simply have to be POST certified and their only job will be to watch for crime or suspicious activity, if they see anything suspicious, they contact Law Enforcement.

2 Likes

The thing is, you technically can’t do that. Only the building owner can hire people to do a job.

1 Like

This the bank, not a public business.

2 Likes

The bank isn’t owned by the state, city, nor county, so technically it’s a business.

1 Like

DHS exists…

3 Likes

How do you plan to achieve this?

3 Likes

Despite your idea of a citizen police force being ridiculous, I’ll support you because you’re dedicated.

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Thank you. And as I said, I am open to public suggestions, and I am willing to listen to your ideas.

3 Likes

As I said, I plan to implement an ordinance allowing people to join a group where they’d watch over the bank and other key places for robbery, kind of like a Neighbor Watch.

3 Likes

You could just try to encourage a bank to take ownership and have its own security I mean that’s what I plan to try to do

3 Likes

Don’t forget to support me! I’ll be your voice and make Prominence for the people by the people!

2 Likes