Keeping Up With The House of Representatives: Edition III

House of Representatives

Bi-Weekly Newsletter (#003)

Newsletter Information

The Speaker of the House and Speaker pro tempore have decided to create and release a House of Representatives newsletter on a bi-weekly basis, to keep the public informed of on-going House of Representative operations. The newsletter details any sessions, events etc which may have taken place over the course of the past two weeks.

Election of Governor SveetChloe

On the 21st of May 2023, Governor SveetChloe and Lieutenant Governor jaderigs were elected into office. Subsequently, SveetChloe departed from her position as Speaker pro tempore. I’d like to thank SveetChloe for her dedication to the House of Representatives during the period of time she was a Representative and the Speaker pro tempore. I congratulate her on her election victory and look forward to working with her as Governor.

Speaker pro tempore Election

Following the departure of former Speaker pro tempore SveetChloe, elections took place internally to decide who would step up to assist me as Speaker in leading the house. Following on from serving 3 terms with him, I was happy to announce that CanadlanLaw was elected as our Speaker pro tempore. I’m thrilled to be working with him in his new position as a Presiding Officer.

Special Election

Given that 3 individuals had departed from the House of Representatives, the Speaker of the House hosted a May 2023 special election which lasted for a period of 4 days. Lixtro1, 6x6bones and sithmaster921 were successfully elected during the special election. Both the Speaker of the House and the Speaker pro tempore congratulate them all on their success and cannot wait to see what they bring to the House.

Sessions

The House of Representatives has been busy at work and has had 2 sessions take place during the past 2 weeks. If you wish to find out further information relating to legislation which was voted on in either of the 2 sessions which took place, be sure to review the bulletins created by the Clerks Office.

Signed,

/s/ L_3ee
Speaker of the House

/s/ CanadlanLaw
Speaker pro tempore

5 Likes

I love the House of Representatives

4 Likes

I, EndocryneIndex do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

3 Likes

I, FrostEspresso do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of Firestone against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.