JayhawkBosun & dadudeds for Governor "The yap stops here"

Jayhawk & Dadudeds Gubernatorial Campaign

THE YAP STOPS HERE

Opening

Firestone deserves the best candidates it has to offer for Governor, especially since the elections prior to this most recent term. Governor Canadlan has done a great job on following through with his promises, and I intend to continue what he has been working on so far.

My Summary
(I won’t bore you with a list of what I’ve done in the past couple of years within the post; here’s a resume on Trello)

I’ve been extremely involved in Firestone politics and have the ability to work with everyone everywhere. With me being in office, we will not be limited due to personal conflict or inability to collaborate. I like to consider myself a mediator and professional in politics.

Campaign Priorities

Uninvolved Leaders
The top priority entering office for my administration will include a review of uninvolved and inactive leadership within a few executive branch subordinates, and to reform the top ranks of inactive agencies to allow for the working members to advance into leadership and to bring activity and fresh ideas to their agencies.

Foreign Affairs
Our current foreign relations is significantly underappreciated, and it is my priority to ensure we begin focusing again on foreign affairs with NUSA and the newly reformed Government of Vancouver.

State of Activity
V2 is in a constant state of decline when it comes to involvement. Although no one is solely responsible for such, it is my intent to make initiatives within the Office of Governor to promote involvement within Stapleton County and not just within some discords.

Concerns and Public Feedback
My largest priority for the campaign will be continuing to hear concerns regarding the Executive Branch and its subordinates from citizens of all classes. Having been a working-class member of the State for the past few years, I have seen firsthand how concerns may be mistakenly forgotten or not communicated up the chain.

Office Transparency
I’ve noticed a significant lack of communication between the Office of the Governor and its constituents. I’d like to begin opening up more lines of communication and to show what we are doing!

A word from Dadudeds

“I realize that I’m an unconventional choice for Lieutenant Governor. I’m no politician—my entire career has been spent as a civil servant. But you know, I think that’s key to my utility. I won’t let petty politics get in the way of effective leadership, and I will leverage my extensive experience and skills in government to bring my best to the position. As former Senate Clerk, and having worked with many Senators and Representatives, I am quite familiar with the whole legislative process. As Solicitor General, I already have a strong relationship with the courts, and have cooperated with many others in our government to put the interests of not just the state, but the people too, first.”

Ending Notes

I’ve always been there for my constituents, friends, and coworkers regardless of power or position. I ask for you to give us the chance to continue to serve you and bring you a better and stronger State.

Both myself and dadudeds have served in many roles and interacted with every agency and bureaucracy imaginable within Firestone. We will continue to use such experience to provide our capabilities and public service in the capacity of Office of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor.

I intend to come out with more campaign updates and issues to cover as the campaign season progresses and debates begin!

Enough of non-direct answers and politician feel-good yap sessions, THE YAP STOPS HERE! Vote Jayhawk & dadudeds.

Please show your support and/or endorsements by replying! Spread the word

*Not legitimate arrest warrants :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Definite support

3 Likes

SUPPORT FELLOW PUBLIC DEFENDER

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Absolutely support

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Thank you all for being our first supporters

2 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

opinion on edging?

2 Likes

support!

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

@dadudeds who do you recommend to take over solicitor general if you became lt governor?

@jayhawkbosun what is one major goal you have while being Governor? How will you balance your time on Roblox and real life? What is your plan to ensure standards within your cabinet while also not being overbearing? What is your stance on transparency within the government (showing name on duty, foia, etc.)?

2 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

I am inclined to agree.

JayhawkBosun would be a great Governor, support.

3 Likes

That’s a good question, and one I’ve been considering for a while. The position interfaces with other units of government a lot, and the Governor and Lieutenant Governor especially. It also represents our tie to the courts as the executive branch. It should be someone experienced with constitutional and civil law, and a wide realm of legal practice, preferably DOJ-related, who can work well with others. I personally would put forth my deputy, Aczero_Dave, as a matter of course. I hope that whoever succeeds me will also work to continue the plans I’ve laid out.
But the position isn’t exactly critical to the DOJ’s administration. The department is currently lacking a Deputy Attorney General, and its arguably most important office is missing a head. I think that priority should (and will) go to ensuring departments have a full and effective leadership, in cooperation with the existing leadership.

2 Likes

SUPPORT!!

3 Likes

Balancing my work with roblox will be quite easy as this term will be throughout the Summer as I graduate in 2 weeks. Micromanaging in Firestone is often mislabeled in my own opinion, and I’ve seen it firsthand under the current administration. I believe taking an active role in changing the flaws in our government is not micromanaging, however with my leadership capabilities and professional advisors I believe I can delegate the proper leaders to allow the Governor’s Office to not have to step in as often.

I believe strongly in transparency of government operations and believe the public has been greatly underserved in this area. There’s been a severe lack of reports on the state of the executive branch in general, and a lack of understanding on what is going on within it. Currently, I believe the Freedom of Information Act is doing extremely well and all requests are being properly looked over.

I hope this fully answers all your inquires. Feel free to ask more if you have follow-ups!

3 Likes

extremely meta

2 Likes

support.

3 Likes