JackPFerrick for Senate in the Firestone Senate Elections of January 2022

Support!

2 Likes

*It’s
*duty.

Those two things I just corrected you on are just about on the same level of BS as the things you corrected him on. However, we still understood what you meant. A few grammar mistakes due to not being the best at English isn’t a valid reason to not support someone. You most certainly understood what he meant, as you were able to correct him, meaning there’s no lack of clarity. He’ll do great in Senate, and thus I’m supporting him. Not because of his linguistic ability, time on the platform, nada: his views line up with mine. If they don’t line up with yours, it’s simple: keep it to yourself and vote for someone else. Should you be unable to do that, I wish you luck in life.

5 Likes

What legislation did you propose, if any?

Such as?

1 Like

Support!

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Alhamdulillah brother. Supported

2 Likes

Please pack up your xenophobic and self-centered mindset and leave

1 Like

support!!!

2 Likes

It is an intentional and stylistic decision to omit capitalisation and apostrophes, as these create a less stupid-formal atmosphere and tone. Regardless of stylistic decisions, a basic understanding and comprehension of the English language is a prerequisite for almost all departments and office in this state. There would not be a similar reaction if a department declined this individuals application for poor grammar. I don’t see why election need be different when holding a congressional seat is more powerful than department employment.

2 Likes

The candidate can clearly understand English and he knows enough to speak to us. If you want to exclude him because he’s not white then just say it

1 Like

I stand by my statements of this candidate being incapable of serving in office, beyond language barriers.

1 Like

chap looks pretty white to me

You are incredibly stupid if you are labelling any sort of negative criticism against someone you perceive as a minority under the blanket of racism or xenophobia, or seeing legitimate concerns about ones ability - albeit beyond their control - as bigotry. I’m not getting into that topic here of all places but I’m not even surprised, given your prior campaign, that the statements you make is just a slurry of random, meaningless words.

3 Likes

no support you don’t have any actual plans listed except for explicitly doing your job, and making bills that will “make people happy” this is not because of your english, but because you have no running plans, and people who don’t have running plans tend to sit in congress, not doing anything, holding a seat and just being inactive.

2 Likes

I beg to differ. Congress is all about representation. Judging by his English I’m assuming he’s foreign, and what we need in the Congress is representation for people from other countries as well as other religions, as he is a Muslim. Look at the U.S. Congress. Do you think every Congressman and Senator is an American-born citizen who’s excellent at English? No. Because that’s not what matters. What matters is if he can represent his people and this nation collectively with discipline, effort and with excellence. I see that from this man. Anyway, I support.

4 Likes

You’re mistaken. This has absolutely nothing to do with minority representation? It’s about his ability to serve in the State’s Legislature. If you are bringing in the U.S Congress, know that the people running, have done extensive research, know how the U.S legal system works, and know the job of the House/Senate. You can’t really compare representation of an ethnicity in a fictional Roblox group.

2 Likes

It has everything to do with representation. That is the duty of Congressmen and Senators. His ability to serve in the Legislature depends on his ability to represent well. In regards to the ethnic representation, let’s go out of character, real quick. Am I talking in a literal sense? Like “Oh, well African Americans need representation to suppress unemployment rates in Firestone” No. However, in a roleplay sense, since Firestone is based off real life politics (correct?) it’s okay to argue things like ethnic representation.

My main point is, if he knows how to represent and appear for the people he so promises to, and like you said, knows how the legal system works and has done his extensive research, he definitely deserves a seat in the Senate. Regardless of how his English is.

4 Likes

the job of senator consists of

• showing up to sessions
  • judging legislative instruments
  • authoring legislative instruments
    and being able to explain your decisions to the public when necessary

the only trait that is common, necessary with all of those 4 is communication; I agree that congress’ ultimate purpose is about representation, but that does not come before the basic skills needed to hold office: remember that there are a limited number of seats, and each seat wasted only makes quorum harder to get

4 Likes

amen 5

1 Like

Everything you listed makes up representation, at least in the idea of congressional representation. You can’t really represent when you don’t show up to sessions, you can’t really represent when you’re not utilizing legislative instruments, and you can’t really represent without communicating with the public.

I believe this man can represent. When I say that I believe he can represent, I mean that I believe he holds those valuable skills you listed as well as all other skills required to represent.

We have yet to see his policy, however I don’t think any of us have the right, at least right now, to judge whether or not if elected his seat is wasted. (Not saying you are, just making a general statement)

I’m excited to see his actual policy, however from reading what he’s said to us so far, I believe he’s a man of the people and will do anything to ensure he can satisfy these citizens of Firestone.

3 Likes

User on ballot.

Vote here.