Issues in the State Patrol

I would think that if that did occur, they wouldn’t be apart of the command staff, if however you do have any evidence …please forward it…

And this is our problem how? I think that’s POST… we’re not here to train people on POST knowledge…

Yes, the policies are bit extreme. I do agree with that… Punishments are too…

_

In general, the new structure that was introduced… made no sense… I opted to re-vert to the old one…

David said for the LTC’s that he will keep it at 2 once one resigns, meaning it would go back to the old structure back in 2017

1 Like

From the eyes of a former Attorney General and current DCJ, the main issue I see is training. Fun fact, in the almost two years I’ve been in the legal system there have been two LEOs convicted of unlawfully using deadly force, guess which department both were from: FSP. The fact that both of these incidents occurred in the same department, only a few months apart means something in the department is wrong: it’s not happening anywhere else, so it’s not POST’s fault. FSP needs to improve their use of force (and frankly all other) training-and continue reinforcing that training.

2 Likes

We need NEW LEADERSHIP not training

1 Like

I agree with the majority of arguments made on this forum. When Tim took over the department, things just weren’t getting any better. While he was viewed as the most “competent” option for FSP, he could not answer what FSP actually needed. Going from 2 months of inactivity in FNG to becoming Colonel of a crippled department just wasn’t the right call. I hate to refer past Colonels as “honorable leaders” because the majority were not able to actually train the people under them to become leaders.

7 Likes

David is good but idk, I’m not in FSP to know what he does.

1 Like

By new leadership, not just a new Colonel like the past 2-4 times, we need the command to be filtered too.

1 Like

Yeah, I like Tim and all and I think he could have done great but I’m gonna be honest, I feel like he left the department in a little worse state then he got it in.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m just going to apologize to David now but this is just unacceptable and I’m not going to keep it a secret. Today, the entire command structure was changed. People were promoted and I questioned why Mark was promoted over Tristan for SPU when Tristan was previously running it. Both individuals are very competent and have done a lot. But then David tells me this.

So, your current Major Mark_Ord has achieved the position by complaining to High Command #1 and essentially threatening to bring courts into it if he continued running Troop 2 as a Captain in which he was ALREADY doing.

Complaining got someone a rank. The entire High Command is aware of this and I’m positive that AT LEAST one of the LT COL+ were not in agreement with this decision. Even David himself was not in agreement but this somehow managed to happen due to pressure for power/rank/]whatever you want to call it.

This is FSP Command.

8 Likes

Now my question is, why does the application have 75 questions and an INTERVIEW like what :flushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Well the incompetency can be fought with a better hiring system. But I do agree POST could be stricter. But, I do believe people who are in the department are a little blind to most issues, however this is also just my point of view as an outsider.

1 Like

Trainings aren’t the issue, in fact, we’re redoing the curriculum for each topic and coming with a new method of teaching. Really, the command staff and structure of the command are the real issues that need immediate fixing.

1 Like

It used to when I joined the department for my final time, I do not know if that is still the case.

1 Like

I do not think it is fully training. I think the Troopers know how to use their weapons and whatnot, but they are thinking they have more power than they do and are acting like “cowboys” when getting irritated with criminals. My wording on this is poor as I am not the best at putting ideas on paper, but I think the Troopers are just thinking they have more lee-way than they really do.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, FSP needs a complete overhaul of their command staff. I hope when their command reads this, they can take off their “FSP goggles” and view the department from an outsiders perspective.

2 Likes

It’s your problem because they’re part of your Department. Once they graduate POST, they’re not our problem anymore unless they seriously fuck up. If you can’t take responsibility for a Department member then you shouldn’t be in command.

2 Likes

You’re actually required by law to continue teaching matters of: the BOR, Constitution, and UOF I believe

2 Likes

Even if POST may have not trained someone the best, it is the departments job to ensure who they hire is competent and has the ability to properly do their job.

1 Like

Thank you for exposing the truths of the command. It’s honestly disgusting to see that the Colonel is taking bait like that.

1 Like

When I was still the Undersheriff of the Stapleton County Sheriff’s Office, I haven’t seen a major issue regarding members of the department. If you’re gonna blame POST, that’s quite false. If command staffs don’t do anything, nothing will change. Again, this has nothing to do with POST.

1 Like

Mhm, that’s my whole point. If you can’t take command for making sure everyone is up to date with the latest information, that’s the fault of the Department for not keeping up to date.

1 Like