ImpeachmentGate

can someone translate this to english

3 Likes

they no like hec so they make this post

3 Likes
  • impeachment lawful

• done possibly to knock out a candidate for governor

• why can judge not run for office yet AG can?

3 Likes

oh cool i donā€™t like hec either :joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

I have gotten in so many fights with hec that I am restricted from working with him in certain casesā€¦ /shrug

2 Likes

I know why Iā€™m saying itā€™s unoriginal and boring

3 Likes

I do wish to note that I continue to think very highly of all of our members of congress and executive branchā€¦ they do a wonderful job for us every day.

Just bringing to light a few concerns - I hope no one gets dismissed/fired due to thisā€¦ just trying to make the world a better place and help our leaders grow strongerā€¦

2 Likes

fair enoughā€¦ but the question/concerns still remain

2 Likes

Before I ask any more questions, was the impeachment done by multiple?

2 Likes

Ironically, the worst thing Iā€™m seeing in this group chat are discussions of dropping the impeachment. Hecxtro knowingly violated the Code of Judicial Ethics while sitting as a Judge. For that, he should be impeached and tried by the Senate. He should not get some sort of ā€œpolitical plea bargainā€, which is what this group chat seemed to be trying to hammer out to keep him on the bench.

1superchris2

First off he did violate the law we all recognize that
But he said he was gonna resign so like
I suggest it get dropped
So he can quit
Heā€™s already been impeached in the court of public opinion
So like
Anything else just drags the state thru the mess that is an impeachment

Floatmanjason

i think this is the best way to proceed
keep him as a DCJ
bar any SC nominations
and a public office ban for 5-6 months

Automationeer

iā€™ll see if i can speak to hec and get him to agree to
(1.) do and stay in his job
in exchange for
(2.) bar from other office
(3.) no impeachment

Confussled

Should I retract impeachment articles

3 Likes

I have like 5 minutes

But basically i said this because I was worried we submitted before doing much bargaining and such

As most of you know iā€™m a junior congress person so i always fight with myself on shit

Anyways iā€™ll continue some more later

Thanks for the concern :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what does this mean

2 Likes

I disagreeā€¦ if you look at the statement by float about how he should not hold officeā€¦ Iā€™d say that is the worst statementā€¦

again, he is a good Gov. but there was more to it than just a plea bargin event

1 Like

Another crucial aspect that I believe we have missed is the clear involvement of parties currently running. The Governor publically calls for an investigation, then the Attorney General (who had intentions to run when the governor made his announcement) comes out of ā€œrelativeā€ inactivity to back up the Governor and claim he will be looking into it.

Hecxtro wakes up and understands that it isnā€™t a joking matter and drops out (despite the fact that everyone believed he would win the election) instead of resigning, and the Attorney General and his running mate post their candidacy.

The Attorney General is actively looking into matters surrounding the election, while participating and intending to participate in it. I donā€™t understand how people can just turn an eye to something like this, especially when its a matter of looking at time stamps.

3 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

I think we all agree that if someone is running for office that they shouldnā€™t be, as an official, investigating/otherwise handling the election in any form.

I think very highly of the AG but this is a good point.

4 Likes

not gonna comment on anything related to wolf but there shouldnā€™t be political bargaining going on with any impeachment

If they did something worthy of impeachment you propose the articles and discuss it in session, you donā€™t necessarily have to impeach or convict them but you should discuss the merits in public.

4 Likes

I would tend to agree with you, he violated the law and congress has the GROUNDS to impeach him. He should be tried to determine his innocence and sentencing.

However, congress has already found him guilty, and the political players of the state (every branch and its leaders) have pre-decided a punishment for him. They already found him guilty without a fair trial, and they already decided he should be punished with x, y, and z.

I personally believe it is such a minor offense, he did break the rules which allows grounds for impeachment. However, there is no requirement for impeachment nor is there requirement for punishment. If we really want to get into legal theory, I believe we should be looking at the intent of the law (which is ironic because I consider myself to apply conservative legal theory in most situations). The point of these regulations is to protect judicial and election integrity, but none of which was touched. He dropped out within 16 hours, he did not publically try to defend himself in announcements (meanwhile he was being publically prosecuted), and to be frank, it seems that the judiciary in general does not really care. Senators argued that there is no time clause in the regulation, but it should be generally implied. It says he shouldnā€™t run in an election while holding judicial office, but he dropped out before he could even have one of the first debates.

Circling back since it is clear Iā€™ve gone on a rant, the prospect of impeachment (which implies a fair trial) ONLY works when it is a trial. It does not work when it is a mere formality to preconceived guilt and sentencing. When you have political adversities deciding your fate in back door conversations who are clearly offended you did not bend to their will, when do we draw the line between innocent before proven guilty, and what seems like guilty before proven innocent.

3 Likes

Is it even reasonable to label it as an impeachment? They already decided his guilt and punishment, it seems like they are just trying to check off a constitutional checklist for executing a will written in backdoor conversation (without public supervision) by a ā€œdeep stateā€. (I use deep state cautiously as to not imply everyone involved is a bad actor, but that some involved are ditching the most important attributes of a democracy and fair justice)

3 Likes

by the word of law itā€™s an impeachment so I call it that for simplicity of understanding

Easier to say impeachment than ā€œalleged bad actors executing political misconduct in pursuit of a goalā€

5 Likes